The mythical Husquvarna 592xp arrived

Jamie Jones

Typical, that since taking delivery I have had to wait over a month for the first outing for the New Husqvarna 592xp, 92cc Chainsaw on a job today. And it cuts like a beast.🙃
It has taken a year for Husqvarna UK to actually deliver the chainsaw to the dealer since it was purchased.
But a big thank you to Tom at Tom's Mowers in Llandrindod Wells for getting me what must be the first UK dealer supplied 592xp in the country.
The 592xp is fitted with a 36" Tsumura Light Bar & 3/8" Full Chisel Chain.

Husqvarna_592xp-02.jpeg

Edited by Jamie Jones
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, Jamie Jones said:

592xp is fitted with a 36" Tsumura Light Bar & 3/8" Full Chisel Chain

Didn't fancy a skip chain on a 36"? I've a full house on my 661 with a 36" bar and it does cut well but I sense it's on its limit when buried in hardwood. I'll put a skip chain on next I think to see the difference.

10 hours ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

Didn't fancy a skip chain on a 36"? I've a full house on my 661 with a 36" bar and it does cut well but I sense it's on its limit when buried in hardwood. I'll put a skip chain on next I think to see the difference.

Once I get to 36" I use .404 pitch .

26 minutes ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

I've got 404 on my 881 on a 42" bar. I don't really get on with the Stihl bar though - possibly due to lack of nose sprocket. 

Never liked hard nosed bars .  Sprocket nosed are available for your Stihl ..... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

Never liked hard nosed bars .  Sprocket nosed are available for your Stihl ..... 

They are true enough - I bought the 881 for milling but it came with a bar and chain as standard as part of the price (which was a good one) so that's what I ended up with.  Only use that one for cross cutting as I've a lo-pro one for the mill.  If I used the 881 more for cross cutting I might get a different bar but I dont really

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

They are true enough - I bought the 881 for milling but it came with a bar and chain as standard as part of the price (which was a good one) so that's what I ended up with.  Only use that one for cross cutting as I've a lo-pro one for the mill.  If I used the 881 more for cross cutting I might get a different bar but I dont really

I know two guys here in France who bought saws for milling, both the dealers set the saws up with solid nosed bars, I hadn’t seen one in years.

49 minutes ago, Jamie Jones said:

strangle the Stihl 47” bar doesn’t have a nose sprocket.

Bars of that length are generally used for milling. A non sprocket nose bar tends to be more durable from that perspective- despite a small loss of power at the tip.

Edited by pleasant
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...