Conservation Conifer tree removals rejected

Chipperclown

57 minutes ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

I'm guessing as they had to apply rather than notify then the tree must also have TPO protection over and above being in a CA.  

Either that or the council is overstepping it's remit.

Or they did not realize that all you needed to do was inform rather than apply and the council rejected it because of this  ? 

12 hours ago, Chipperclown said:

As above we have had an application rejected in a conservation area. What next!

Please elaborate. You don't apply in a CA, you notify. Council can't refuse, because you're not asking, you're telling. It can 'reject' a notification if the notification is not in the appropriate form, but that is not the same as refusing.

• Like 2

Hi All, Yes I agree inform and not request.

Been doing this for many years now, never had an issue (other than me not filling out the forms with enough detail at time which caused delays).

Speaking to the planning department next week. Basically though I filed an online application as per normal, Maps photos detailed description, reasons why etc.

Will see what's happens.

1 minute ago, Chipperclown said:

Hi All, Yes I agree inform and not request.

Been doing this for many years now, never had an issue (other than me not filling out the forms with enough detail at time which caused delays).

Speaking to the planning department next week. Basically though I filed an online application as per normal, Maps photos detailed description, reasons why etc.

Will see what's happens.

A 211 ?

45 minutes ago, Chipperclown said:

Yep, Standard app

If it's definitely not TPOd or subject to planning conditions then your original notification should stand.

As long as you have clearly identified the tree(s), specified the works accurately in BS 3998 terms, included a map with scale etc as per the requirements and the property location (think that's it I'm tired).

You don't even need to provide a justification although you might.

If you're happy that your notification of works was 100% correct then the 6 week clock is still ticking.

All the same I'd want the council to explain what they think they're on about.