Echo CS-4310SX

john87

6 hours ago, john87 said:

Has anyone actually got one or even seen one?? From what i can see there are none anywhere, impossible to find one..

john..

I sold one the other week. It seemed ok. Didn't bother getting more as we've still stock of the 390 so didn't see the point. 

I really wanted to buy one of these as a good viable alternative to the mainstream saws, but I found them to be a too high a price point so much so that I felt I had to revert to husqvarna that offered better value.

If echo were in a position to offer their professional line saws at a lower price point than the alternative XP I think they would do really well.

56 minutes ago, Glencairn said:

I really wanted to buy one of these as a good viable alternative to the mainstream saws, but I found them to be a too high a price point so much so that I felt I had to revert to husqvarna that offered better value.

If echo were in a position to offer their professional line saws at a lower price point than the alternative XP I think they would do really well.

How much are 543 nowadays in UK?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Glencairn said:

Very droll!

The echo at £619.00 - it would have to be made from a titanium case for me to choose that over a husqvarna 550.

550XP says 859, but that's apples to oranges as it's major difference in ccs and ultra-major in weight especially if you add the UL Sugi bar which comes stock.

Hell, it's even cheaper than 540iXP.

MS 241 from the same class is 864 so it's hard to understand where you want the titanium :)

Probably you just don't need 40cc class saw :D

Edited by Piston Skirt
  • Like 1

I was in the market for a mid range saw. Smaller than my big saw, but larger than my small saw. So somewhere in the order of 40 - 60cc's

As I say I really wanted to be able to choose the echo, I already have one and it's reasonably good.

I was not however willing to pay an extra £61.00 over a viable alternative that is at least as good if not better.

Echo could have sold a lot of these and had their own corner of the market share, but they have dropped the ball not putting their price point lower than the alternative husqvarna.

I agree they won't sell hardly any.

Seems the don't understand the UK market  even though in japan they probably dominate it?

Echo brand awareness is very low in UK not sure how they can hope to increase there market share either with home owners or pro but they don't seem to be doing a very good job at it.

Shame as ther product is as good as the others.

There "home owner" saws look better quality than  the ubiquitous ms181 etc?

Im guessing stihl is way ahead of  the rivals across all market segments with 1 company being so dominant its hard to compete