sticks

Rich Rule

right then, i have long pondered this and finally thought I cannot go on alone with nothing but my thoughts. I lie awake at night mulling this quandry over in my head.

what is your favorite type of stick? I prefer a longer than average piece of beech, great for pointing, prodding, gesturing, whipping, chucking, flogging, tickling and plethora of other great uses.

I mean different stick have different attributes. some are a bit hippier than others, other break on impact.

what is your favorite and please provide reasons why. Cheers.

I was going to do a Poll but couldn't work it out. Maybe I'll work it out and do one tomorrow. Afterall, we don't want to use up all our fun allowance in one night do we?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holly for me, Strong and sturdy, yet it can be flexible at the same time, Nice fragrance to it too!! Plus the little scratches you get when trying to get yourself a Holly stick make the end product all the more rewarding IMO!!

fresh young sycamore about 5 fot long, i pick all the wee branches off till the last 2, i leave them on as they are good for flicking stuff with, bendy and flicky, flick flick flickity flick, its good for garden dog eggs, but then i get adventerous and try shifting timber with my flicky stick and the end breaks, it now becomes a jabber, jabb jabb jabbitty jab, but after a while it breaks up at the end and shortens to a whacker, whack whack whackity whack, great for brambles and dead plants, but then i decide to whack a tree and the shudders run up my arm and it breaks again, now it is just a bit of wood, dont like wood, i like sticks!!!!!!!!!

fresh young sycamore about 5 fot long, i pick all the wee branches off till the last 2, i leave them on as they are good for flicking stuff with, bendy and flicky, flick flick flickity flick, its good for garden dog eggs, but then i get adventerous and try shifting timber with my flicky stick and the end breaks, it now becomes a jabber, jabb jabb jabbitty jab, but after a while it breaks up at the end and shortens to a whacker, whack whack whackity whack, great for brambles and dead plants, but then i decide to whack a tree and the shudders run up my arm and it breaks again, now it is just a bit of wood, dont like wood, i like sticks!!!!!!!!!

Laughed till I choked!:lol::lol:

i am glad i am not alone in the world of going for a walk and picking a stick, its got to be the right one, you cant just grab any old one, you want the one that doesnt come with out a fight, i might snap couple of of contenders first, but i just laugh at them and discard them into the undergrowth, i am like a dog taking a dump in a foot ball field, it needs to find the right spot, its not just a big area of grass, it will circle circle circle, yep this is the spot start to crouch, nope not quite right, another couple of circles, always clock wise, ah thats it just there, like the perfect crapping spott ritual i have my pefect stick ritual, i wade out the nettle embankment, triumphant stick in hand, discarding loose chippings with my feet like a dog spreading its scent, i gallop at first, invigerated in my prize, then i slow down and unsheath my knife, knocking off the little nodes as i go, one by one. BUT wait, this stick is too good for flicking,jabbing,or even whacking, this fine specimen is a SPEAR, oh yes feel the grip, feel the knuckles along its length, i must point this beast, as i whittle the end in gay abandment, mouth salivating and i slurp the excess saliva down and concentrate, then i realise my long pointy spike is flimsy, i must slow down and get the end back on centre and more solid for i may find a kill along the way, i must sit down and appreciate the beauty of my shaft..

"i am glad i am not alone in the world of going for a walk and picking a stick, its got to be the right one, you cant just grab any old one, you want the one that doesnt come with out a fight, i might snap couple of of contenders first, but i just laugh at them and discard them into the undergrowth, i am like a dog taking a dump in a foot ball field, it needs to find the right spot, its not just a big area of grass, it will circle circle circle, yep this is the spot start to crouch, nope not quite right, another couple of circles, always clock wise, ah thats it just there, like the perfect crapping spott ritual i have my pefect stick ritual, i wade out the nettle embankment, triumphant stick in hand, discarding loose chippings with my feet like a dog spreading its scent, i gallop at first, invigerated in my prize, then i slow down and unsheath my knife, knocking off the little nodes as i go, one by one. BUT wait, this stick is too good for flicking,jabbing,or even whacking, this fine specimen is a SPEAR, oh yes feel the grip, feel the knuckles along its length, i must point this beast, as i whittle the end in gay abandment, mouth salivating and i slurp the excess saliva down and concentrate, then i realise my long pointy spike is flimsy, i must slow down and get the end back on centre and more solid for i may find a kill along the way, i must sit down and appreciate the beauty of my shaft.."

Surely thats poetry and worthy of a publication:thumbup1: