Vermeer Kubota engine over heat

redmoosefaction

Cool. Really useful advise. This has been happening to me for years. Had loads of "solutions". I suppose it's just going to have to be the old radiator clear out.. problem is the lack of angle when the hood is up. Will also try the radiator cap etc.

Of course i could always just chip for less time, and apart from this problem.. they are an awesome machine. I hear also that they are not making them any more, is this true?

• 1 year later...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Further info.. had the radiator core rebuilt, but with more fins, on the recommendation of a radiator expert, this seems to have helped immensely.

I was also talking to people about hot air being trapped under hood, and I have seen people with mods to the hood to allow hot air to exit (eg. holes drilled or panels removed). Has anyone done this and how were the results?

• 2 years later...

So everything was running okay for a couple of years and we had a reoccurrence of the same issue. Changed oils, anti freeze, filters blades etc... nothing, same problem, removed the thermostat, replaced the radiator cap. Same problem.

So eventually took radiator off again and got hold of some refrigeration coil cleaner. Removed the radiator (again) then applied and rinsed the rad 5 times.... jeez, the crap that came out, soooo... I shall report back tomorrow and see if that has solved the issues.

Fingers crossed!

kubota engines are one of the best engines you could probably get with millions of them in service i wouldn't think that they are bad for overheating start with the basics first is the radiator clean are the belts tight has it been ran with water instead of coolant are all the fan blades there is the radiator shroud intact is the coolant system holding pressure

So everything was running okay for a couple of years and we had a reoccurrence of the same issue. Changed oils, anti freeze, filters blades etc... nothing, same problem, removed the thermostat, replaced the radiator cap. Same problem.

So eventually took radiator off again and got hold of some refrigeration coil cleaner. Removed the radiator (again) then applied and rinsed the rad 5 times.... jeez, the crap that came out, soooo... I shall report back tomorrow and see if that has solved the issues.

Fingers crossed!

I can't believe you tried all the above for an overheating problem before flushing the system! :lol:

FWIW you can flush the system with a hosepipe (assuming good water pressure) without removing the rad. Flush it bottom to top with a hose in through the drain bung. Also find the plug on the engine for the coolant ways, stick the hose in there and turn the hose on full whack with the engine idling.

Blowing a rad out with an airline should be part of every service.

Hey Doobin, we did the internals of the radiator and we did blow out the fins but it was so ingrained on the fins that we couldn't see through the rad, and now we can.

Just saying that just blowing with air wasn't working. Maybe a steam clean would of been easier.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Arbtalk mobile app

Hey Doobin,

This was a job on the external fins!

We did the internals of the radiator and we did blow out the fins but it was so ingrained on the fins that we couldn't see through the rad, and now we can.

Just saying that just blowing with air wasn't working. Maybe a steam clean would of been easier.

Hi,

I have a Vermeer BC150 with a kubota engine, which when you really stuff it loads for about 25 mins it then over heats.

Do other people have this problem.

give it a good soaking in tfr, the jet wash of ,not too close we the nozzle tho ,or you could blow a hole thru the rad