What is problem here??

john87

6 minutes ago, carlos said:

seems a bit strange to spend all that money on gear and insurance but none on training?

and for some free firewood!! 

is the insurance even valid with no tickets? 

Err, no.. I do not do it just for the firewood, i do it [and a hell of a lot more besides] because i get a lot out of it as a person. There is more to life than money..

2, As i said, i do it for enjoyment, i am also over 60 now, going spending all kinds of money on training would just be a waste..

3, The insurance company were perfectly happy, i explained everything and no problem..

john..

11 hours ago, john87 said:

Err, no.. I do not do it just for the firewood, i do it [and a hell of a lot more besides] because i get a lot out of it as a person. There is more to life than money..

2, As i said, i do it for enjoyment, i am also over 60 now, going spending all kinds of money on training would just be a waste..

3, The insurance company were perfectly happy, i explained everything and no problem..

john..

I would read your insurance document carefully, as I am sure it will contain a clause stipulating that operatives must be suitably trained/qualified for the tasks they carry out………

Some experienced people have recommended training - I will add my name to the list

• Like 2

Yes, i know what you are all saying about training, and yes, ideally it would be great, but i only do this sort of thing once in a while for fun basically. It would be like me telling you lot to go pay out to get a class one HGV to drive your caravan once a year.

It makes sense and is a great idea, but expensive for what i need. If i fall out of a tree as a result of not having the training, then that is my own silly fault!!

john..

1 hour ago, john87 said:

Yes, i know what you are all saying about training, and yes, ideally it would be great, but i only do this sort of thing once in a while for fun basically. It would be like me telling you lot to go pay out to get a class one HGV to drive your caravan once a year.

It makes sense and is a great idea, but expensive for what i need. If i fall out of a tree as a result of not having the training, then that is my own silly fault!!

john..

With respect, if you fall out of a tree and land on someone, I don't imagine the HSE or your insurance company are going to consider you 'silly'.

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

With respect, if you fall out of a tree and land on someone, I don't imagine the HSE or your insurance company are going to consider you 'silly'.

I expect they will put it rather more strongly than that!!

john..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peasgood said:

A poor analogy as you will have to have had some training and a license to pull a caravan with a car.

Not necessarily.. They have done away with the 750kg trailer limit now, and as for the car test, who said you had to have training??

Take the bike test..

I passed my bike test about 10 years ago, no training at all, just bought a 125 and a 600 and turned up.. Did my CBT [easy] passed my theory [easy] the "hazard perception" [easy, but more suited to muppets] the module one [easy, had 1 point for going 1mph too slow in the swerve test, and the module two [easy] no points at all..

Why would i want to go on a course to ride a motorbike?? How hard can it be??

So it can be done...

john..

• Like 1

Nope, you have still had a test to make sure you are deemed competent.

I am not one to be in favour of all the tests and training required to do anything in life these days but a top handle up a tree is probably one of those that are a good idea.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Peasgood said:

Nope, you have still had a test to make sure you are deemed competent.

I am not one to be in favour of all the tests and training required to do anything in life these days but a top handle up a tree is probably one of those that are a good idea.

Ah, yes, i see what you mean now!!

Yes, you are obviously correct in what you say, but for the amount i do... I know that is a bit daft, as i could hurt myself badly as you say if things go wrong adn accidents will happen..

Have a read of this.. It was my partners mums boyfriend...

john..

A husband is being treated for shock after his wife was killed in a tragic accident when he fell from a ladder while using a...

• Sad 1