It died

eggsarascal

Just now, Ratman said:

Evening yolky! Hope you is well! emoji16.png Looks a tidy van to be fair, and got the better engine/bhp/gvtw for all your needs.

All good Andy, I'll go and have a look, it's just foreign to me buying a van for £15k+. I've never done finance, apart from mortgages. Perhaps this will push me that way.

• Like 1

All good Andy, I'll go and have a look, it's just foreign to me buying a van for £15k+. I've never done finance, apart from mortgages. Perhaps this will push me that way.
It's a sign of the times. The last van I bought was a similar looking transit but a year younger at the time. Very tidy. Highway maintenance van so hydroststic eberspacher etc included.
30k miles £7500 no vat.
That's older and double.
That's why I ended up with the older high mileage mentioned above.
Would rather take the odd day off work to fix it or even fit a recon engine than pay out that much for a camper base

23 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

How long would you look to get out of a van like that once converted eggs ? 10+ years i should think.

3 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Something like that, still a lot of tut (for me) in one go.

Eggs, I paid £13k back in November, for a tidy 2017 Boxer, with 75k miles, high L4H3 in silver, after our transit crew-cab 'died'.

The previous owner (a fitter) had bought it for his planned camper conversion -but not started on it. 

Oh, and it drives just like a car -vastly preferable to the old transit, in almost every way.. apart from the absence of of drop sides !

Even the front wheel drive aspect doesn't seem to be too bad, in light mud.

Good luck with it ! 

On 29/01/2022 at 15:41, eggsarascal said:

I keep going back to this for a work van come camper, but it makes me feel bilious thinking of the price.

Low milage @ 27000 miles. Clean van -in and out, well equipped (PRO), 13k miles, ready to go. - 12 Months MOT.

I wouldn't buy a Ducato/Boxer/Relay.

Awful things, crap build quality, crap clutch pedal, crap to drive, awful design and ergonomics, flimsy, etc.

Go out to loads of them at work.