020T or MS200T

landrover 101

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try getting hold of a brand spanking 020T to compare...

Brand new, how come?

I have two 020ts they are basically the same as the 200ts apart from screw cap oil and fuel caps, also the 200t as evolved over the years the breather from the tank is redesigned into the handle, one thing I have noticed is the ms200t seems to use more fuel than the 020t although it could be that I use my saw differently than the contractors who work with me who use the ms200t.

Brand new, how come?

!!!sorry sarcasm warning!!!

That is the idea. the 020T has been changed and modified and the name changed. Therefore, not available. The OP ask if the 020T is a better build quality... I would have to say that 'it was' a better build quality.

It exactly the same saw just stihl changed the numbers like the 088 became thems880 there is a few miner tweaks like fuel breathers have become snag free.... the carbs have changed due to EU emissions laws or more possibly as well stihl are getting a cheaper manafacturer to make them...hence there great reliability

With few differences they are the same saw .The fuel caps,and the carb differ slightly .The carb on the 200 being an "Intelecarb" thing which takes the vent side of the metering diaphragm from the air cleaner chamber and thus compensates for a restricted or clogged filter .

For that matter if you remove the little rubber boot from the carby and run it directly to atmosphere it works just like any other carb .

As far as using fuel the old rule stills applies,it takes fuel to make power .If anyone is of the opinion that a stock 200T uses fuel you should see how much a souped up one goes through . I am of the opinion that my little hot rod 200 uses at least 50 percent more than a stocker .