020T or MS200T

landrover 101

Thanks again. Decided to go it alone last night. Taking the carb off was easier than I thought! (thanks to a handy YouTube video)

I took off the 2 sides to inspect and the fuel filter was clean as a whistle. The membranes were both intact with clean seals, a little baggy, but without new ones to compare to they looked ok to me.

The fuel filter in the tank was also clean, so I'm stumped. Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used the old old 020, the 020T and the MS200T. The 200's run far better in cold conditions than the others. As for the 200's carb problems there is a little gaget in the carbs called a pump piston and as i understand it when you throttle up it gives an extra boost of petrol and these seem to wear (sometimes only after a short while) and need replacing.

Approx. £10 to buy, 5mins to fit (now i've got the hang of it). They go behind the little round brass gromet type thing on the engine side of the carb. Anyone need help message me, i'd be pleased to talk you through it. I've been told that when this problem first came to light Stihl were a bit slow to talk about it even to their dealers.

yeh if you could guide me through pump piston change mate.. i'll get replacement and stick er in.. thanks v much