Anybody ever get it wrong?

RobArb

This site reminds me of what it was like when i first started, we all knew eachother then, so few firms about in each local zone, you always knew what was happening to with others and even turned up to lend a hand when the jobs went pete tong.

I sincerely hope i am right in thinking this appears to be what is occuring once more, as for a long time it was a case of trust no one and watch your backs. I hated it.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can add me to the list it nearly always happens on big conifers

far more waste than you think

I priced one job for a day and a half it took two and a half

I just bit the bullet and only just covered my costs

But like all things some you win and some you loose

This has gotta be one of the best feel good threads I've seen. There was me thinking I was never gonna cut it in this game cos I cant quote to save my life, and it turns out everyones up to it!!

Had my ar** bitten a few times by leylandi jobs and done one or two for minimum wage after I've paid the labourer!!!!!!!

This has gotta be one of the best feel good threads I've seen. There was me thinking I was never gonna cut it in this game cos I cant quote to save my life, and it turns out everyones up to it!!

Had my ar** bitten a few times by leylandi jobs and done one or two for minimum wage after I've paid the labourer!!!!!!!

:thumbup1:

Everyone says they known what there doing but we all just winging are way through it all:001_tongue:

Remember ages ago watching some documentary about hard as nails mafia bosses.

One of them was talking about putting contracts on people etc but made me laugh when he said "Yeah well we all make mistakes, thats why they put erasers on pencils" :001_smile:

My first ever big job i did for myself once i set up was a beech to fell. It had a really long long drag, and it was a big old tree. it was only when i climbed up the tree that i thought no way this is really badly priced! I actuall got down before i made a single cut, admitted to the client i had got it wrong and apologised for the mistake.

Any way long story cut short, i put on another £700 on top and still got the job( thtas a good indication of how cheap i was) and it turned out ok, though still a damn long drag.

Still get wrong occasionally last sat a leylandi hedge which was a nice half day job turned out 3 fully loaded trucks of chips and 1 full load of logs! halfway though the day i really wanted to go home. and as usual i was soaked through to the bone, damn rain.