Pardon my Over Exuberance.

Sorry but I felt I had to share this with someone who might appreciate it.

I had a very Basic home made (with MIG Welder) Stove in my Workshop and it really wasn't very effective although I did appreciate it

on cold winter days.

But then this Guy rang me up and asked me to (wait for it) "Remove my Invicta Stove and fill in its hole" 

Well of course I said it was a tricky job etc(I lied)and we agreed a price of £375.00 for removing it.

I then asked him whereabouts it was going he simply said "I don't care, Just Dump it or Keep it"

Apparently he had just moved into the House and thinks Stoves were Dirty and High Maintenance. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAWjKrAIuUw

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Belfast-Jamie said:

I had a very Basic home made (with MIG Welder) Stove in my Workshop and it really wasn't very effective although I did appreciate it

on cold winter days.

But then this Guy rang me up and asked me to (wait for it) "Remove my Invicta Stove and fill in its hole" 

Well of course I said it was a tricky job etc(I lied)and we agreed a price of £375.00 for removing it.

I then asked him whereabouts it was going he simply said "I don't care, Just Dump it or Keep it"

Apparently he had just moved into the House and thinks Stoves were Dirty and High Maintenance. 

You bandit ! 😁

9 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Not sure why you felt like you had to lie? Sounds like you’d have got the job being honest. “Of course” gives the implication you regularly lie to customers. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

It's  unfortunate you feel that way Andy but I am quite sure I wasn't being dishonest.

Are you not taking my comments out of context slightly.                                                    I gave the customer a price and was £50.00 cheaper than my nearest Competitor.

The Job was priced in context of normal rates for this type of Work with H&S being a major component. I consider myself an expert at accessing this type of work and was the lowest quote probably because of this. The Job was given out via Competitive tender so I fail to see how I was being dishonest.

Heres a clip of another Job I done which was quite "Easy" (£12, 000 on Scaffolding made it easy)yet most people would disagree.

Crikey perhaps I was dishonest here too?   

15 hours ago, Belfast-Jamie said:

on cold winter days.

Good, you get better stove and it dont end up in scrap yard ( who will then sell it) he hasnt had to recycle it. It a win. K

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Belfast-Jamie said:

It's  unfortunate you feel that way Andy but I am quite sure I wasn't being dishonest.

Are you not taking my comments out of context slightly.                                                    I gave the customer a price and was £50.00 cheaper than my nearest Competitor.

The Job was priced in context of normal rates for this type of Work with H&S being a major component. I consider myself an expert at accessing this type of work and was the lowest quote probably because of this. The Job was given out via Competitive tender so I fail to see how I was being dishonest.

Heres a clip of another Job I done which was quite "Easy" (£12, 000 on Scaffolding made it easy)yet most people would disagree.

Crikey perhaps I was dishonest here too?   

I think its the part where you stated:

'Well of course I said it was a tricky job etc(I lied)and we agreed a price of £375.00 for removing it. '   

The '(I lied)' bit is something of a give away, and is generally associated with dishonesty. Your justification for the price  charged sounds fair and reasonable, so trigger_andy's comments sound reasonable to me.

Anyway, sound like both you and your client were happy with the outcome so that is good, and I've enjoyed reading your post, so thanks.

• Like 2