Chinese Processor £1500??

Billhook

I am sure someone will tell me it is made of monkey metal and bamboo shoots but on paper it seems to tick a lot of boxes with a saw, adjustable height splitter, conveyors for logs to saw and firewood to trailer or box, log lift, engine, hydraulics etc

All for £1500?? What is the catch?

I am very happy with my second hand Palax Combi but that cost £2500 way back in 1996!

Wholesale mobile firewood processor with log lifter from Yantai Rima Machinery Co., Ltd. on m.alibaba.com

Edited by Billhook

59 minutes ago, Billhook said:

I am sure someone will tell me it is made of monkey metal and bamboo shoots but on paper it seems to tick a lot of boxes with a saw, adjustable height splitter, conveyors for logs to saw and firewood to trailer or box, log lift, engine, hydraulics etc

All for £1500?? What is the catch?

I am very happy with my second hand Palax Combi but that cost £2500 way back in 1996!

Wholesale mobile firewood processor with log lifter from Yantai Rima Machinery Co., Ltd. on m.alibaba.com

Just ridiculous what they can make now, at such prices, used a 'german' firewood processor years ago, was not impressed with build quality- possibly rebadged Orient product- this one does look pretty capable! K

1 hour ago, Justme said:

Expect actual delivered cost to be double that.

I also suggest you look at the the U tube vids of that type in action.

Slow & lots of dancing to use the controls that are all over the place.

Yes, but it is not beyond the capability of Arbtalk members to make some modifications to handles and perhaps ask a local fabricator to weld up a different knife

Yes I bet the small print with extras and delivery and tax may tell a different story and give me my tungsten tipped circular saw blade on the Palax any day but for someone starting out with just an axe it could make a big change for standard splitter money 

Enjoy range-topping power, productivity and capacity with this 200cc 10-ton petrol log-splitter...

Edited by Billhook

2 hours ago, Khriss said:

( only two way split then) 

Four way surely?

3 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

I’be looked into these before but never seen them this cheap! If that price is genuine I really don’t think you have much to lose and might get one myself!

I think they Rock Machinery and Woodland Mills just rebadge these exact machines.

You have just been selected by popular vote as the guinea pig to report back to Arbtalk  on your experience with this machine!

• Haha 2