Jump to content
kevinjohnsonmbe

Air quality improvement from plants

Recommended Posts

Great feature on RHS Chelsea Flower show prog on BBC about air quality improvements in school with plants. 
 

Pretty basic stuff really but always good to have a reminder at times. 
 

What with air quality being such an on topic subject at the moment might have buy a few more...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Great feature on RHS Chelsea Flower show prog on BBC about air quality improvements in school with plants. 
 

Pretty basic stuff really but always good to have a reminder at times. 
 

What with air quality being such an on topic subject at the moment might have buy a few more...

Will go there and see if its true. Just for you. K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Until it reverses overnight and they pump out CO2 instead. That's why plants used to be removed from hospital wards overnight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JAG63 said:

Until it reverses overnight and they pump out CO2 instead. That's why plants used to be removed from hospital wards overnight.

Well I know they’ve got some catching up to do but they ain’t got the kids in on night shift yet....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the impression during the feature that it was linked to a general recommendation for the home as well. To be fair, it's just the balance of O2 and CO2 that changes overnight with CO2 output no longer being offset and exceeded by O2 output.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JAG63 said:

I had the impression during the feature that it was linked to a general recommendation for the home as well. To be fair, it's just the balance of O2 and CO2 that changes overnight with CO2 output no longer being offset and exceeded by O2 output.

 

I was only ½ watching / listening while cooking the roast. 
 

I did look at ‘air quality’ plants when the conservatory was done.  Going to refresh my memory and perhaps source some more. It’s a day room so not overly concerned about overnight. 
 

Going to look up those air quality monitors too. Just out of interest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Which particular (sic) air quality are you interested in?

 

Going to look up those air quality monitors too. Just out of interest. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

 

Just a general interest in the composition of what we are sucking in and any ways it might be improved.

 

Don't go getting all technical (well do) I'm not a scientist! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Great feature on RHS Chelsea Flower show prog on BBC about air quality improvements in school with plants. 
 
Pretty basic stuff really but always good to have a reminder at times. 
 
What with air quality being such an on topic subject at the moment might have buy a few more...
Any particular types of plants? Presumably some are better at absorbing pollutants whilst others are better at producing oxygen etc etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.