Crazy Russians!

County4x4

Brilliant, I'm a horse man, but even I want one of those trucks :biggrin: Where can I get one?

There are two or three importers in the UK - Your First Choice for Russian Trucks and Military Vehicles - UK Russian Trucks is the one I remember without looking for it.

I've seen Zils for sale now and again at very reasonable money - like less than £4k. Most of them will run on cross fuel but not sure of the situation regarding getting hold of it. The site mentions garages having to pay to get rid of it, but I'm not so sure that the garages are the ones storing it myself. More likely to be outfits like the AA who come out and drain the car tank onsite and then take the cross fuel away. I would doubt the garage have a responsibility to provide storage for when you muck things up at the pumps myself. We process thousands of litres of the stuff at work - it gets blended into fuel for cement kilns which seems a real waste considering that the majority of it is mostly petrol. Ours comes from a licenced waste disposal company called Safety Kleen, and many of the drums they drop are marked as being from the AA.

Cheers,

Andy

Brilliant, I'm a horse man, but even I want one of those trucks :biggrin: Where can I get one?

Russia, there's thousands of 'em! :001_tt2:

Went to a wedding in Slovakia a couple of years back and made a holiday of it in the Tatra mountains. Spent a fair %age of it watching crazy Slavs extracting with Zetors and Zils in extreme conditions, alternating between applauding their neck and driving skills, and shaking my head at the complete absence of any H&S compliance.

Would have spent more time spectating, but kept getting dragged off by the rest of the family, who didn't seem to share my enthusiasm.:thumbdown: