Trakmet

Johnsond

3 hours ago, Stuart P said:

Hi  All ,  With hindsight are there any  changes to the specification or build you d alter , or is it spot on .

Im interested in a Trakmet and im trying to get an idea of whats needed ?

First post by the way .

Where you based??. 

25 minutes ago, Stuart P said:

North Yorks ,

I’ve talked to Pawel and may go down next week to talk ideas , but don’t have a knowledge base to work from

Whey spec you looking for ?  Mobile or static ??. I know the build times are getting quite long for certain models, mobiles with Honda power units are up to 12months I heard.

5 hours ago, Stuart P said:

Static , mainly soft wood larch spruce etc ,probable running with a multi rip / edger .

i was thinking 15 cumtre finished product daily , is that realistic?

I would say that that is a little bit ambitious. It's not that the machines can't produce that, only that you can't do anything else. So clearing sawdust, clearing the offcuts, banding packs, moving them out of the way, maintaining machines, dealing with jams/breakdowns, changing blades, sharpening etc.

We used to do lorry loads of western red cedar for beehives at 35 cubic metres a time. We had the big Trakmet TTS800, the multirip saw and the frame saw. It'd usually take us a hard three-four days to fill the lorry with a 4 man team. And then an easier day of tidy up and resetting before doing it again.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stuart P said:

Static , mainly soft wood larch spruce etc ,probable running with a multi rip / edger .

i was thinking 15 cumtre finished product daily , is that realistic?

Regards the Static 3 phase type set up Big J is definitely far more clued up on that type of set up than myself. I spoke to him regards the set up of my own mill which helped tremendously before hitting the buy button. A few of the issues I’ve encountered he had experience of the same and engineered in his own solutions ie roller guide upgrade, the wider and thicker the blade the better I’d say too if it’s an option to upgrade. They are reassuringly built like tanks. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Stuart P said:

That’s certainly sound advice Big J , our thoughts to speed up was board drag with out feed conveyor into a 3 way sorter ie waste , multi , sawn product .
My first thought was the 800 , do you still have your machine ?

Best thing you can do is pay a visit to pawl and see his in action. Dave (johnsond) spent a lot of time getting his custom built to the spec he wanted and sounds like you could do with the same. Big J even went over to the factory in poland when he purchased his. 

Edited by topchippyles