Trakmet

Johnsond

The woodmizers are a lot more expensive for the same things you can get on a £24k trak met machine and, to be honest, I think the trak-met machines look far more solid. The b1001 with smart set is about £15K+VAT without a trailer, so probably £17k or so with a trailer. It's a good price for a solid machine but I think when you are looking at logs that size you need hydraulic handling if it's a mobile mill. 

• Like 1

The woodmizers are a lot more expensive for the same things you can get on a £24k trak met machine and, to be honest, I think the trak-met machines look far more solid. The b1001 with smart set is about £15K+VAT without a trailer, so probably £17k or so with a trailer. It's a good price for a solid machine but I think when you are looking at logs that size you need hydraulic handling if it's a mobile mill. 

Yeh, it’s not fun turning 1.5t logs with a flat side or two with a Cant Hook. 🤣

I bought the Logosol Log Turner, best £700 I ever spent. Makes light work of it and is great for squaring up perfectly because (as I’m sure you know) just because the log is hard up against the log rest does not mean it’s 100% square. So being able to tweak the log til it is is great. But I’ve not seen or played with Dave’s machine yet so perhaps he can do that anyway?

Im looking forward to seeing Dave beast, it’s certainly a very well engineered looking bit of HD kit!

26 minutes ago, thomasvdb7 said:

If your going that size then why not a folk lift or grapple type of loader to load the mill. Makes easy work of things and unloading the processed timber is effortless 

• Like 1

If your going that size then why not a folk lift or grapple type of loader to load the mill. Makes easy work of things and unloading the processed timber is effortless 

I could not work without a loader, even with my baby 751. I can move beams around easy enough on a trolly but 24” slabs? No thanks.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, topchippyles said:

Its the best mobile saw i have seen to be honest. Dave seems to have covered every option for a mobile mill and only thing you could say its limited to 4.8m but knowing him you could set it up with extension tracks.Very well thought out and credit ware credit is due. 

I like to think that it's the quality of the independent consultant consulted through the ordering process......the guy that had the first Trakmet machine in the UK and has been to the factory 😎 🤣

• Like 2

Nothing to hide price wise, all In with the options inc extra length on bed and wider head, HD chassis option and extra hydraulics etc it was 27k inc Vat, I’d probs change a few things on build sheet now with benefit of time on mill but I guess you won’t get it right first time 🤷‍♂️. I’ll mod and fabricate a few things to suit myself over time but for now it’s a case of tweaking and learning every time out especially on max width cuts. . One thing I’d wholeheartedly agree with is the comments on loading etc, having a loader on-site makes a night and day difference to a days work/production rate. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

Just now, Big J said:

I like to think that it's the quality of the independent consultant consulted through the ordering process......the guy that had the first Trakmet machine in the UK and has been to the factory 😎 🤣

Lol im sure i expressed my gratitude for your knowledge and much valued advice previously J 😆

• Haha 2

Just now, Johnsond said:

Lol im sure i expressed my gratitude for your knowledge and much valued advice previously J 😆

Knowledge is there to be mined. I've a list as long as my arm of people that have helped me and it's my duty to pass on whatever knowledge might be useful to other people :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, topchippyles said:

Its the best mobile saw i have seen to be honest. Dave seems to have covered every option for a mobile mill and only thing you could say its limited to 4.8m but knowing him you could set it up with extension tracks.Very well thought out and credit ware credit is due. 

I’ll have to give credit to big J Les I did pick his brains on a  number of occasions ref the build  spec etc and it turned out to be sound advice. I’m sure it will do over 5m in length, but as you say having a loader is a big help. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Big J said:

Bet you had a semi on walking around the factory J  🤣

• Haha 1