Processor hire charge

woodworm

A trustworthy friend of mine wants to know if I would hire my 1x37 to him for a week. I would give him an instruction lesson and tell him he uses it at HIS OWN RISK. Do you think £300 for a week is about right or am I way off the mark. He supplies chain oil and tractor and operative to help him. I deliver machine, he returns it.

You can hire a kindlet for £750 a month. But that machine is under very little stress. Your wood processor however is a machine that works hard and wears. I would say you learn alot of hard and expensive lessons in the first few hours. If you hire a machine for a week you tend to work it hard especiallly if its not yours. I would say £300 is cheap considering how much wood you could put through it and the amount of wear it will suffer.

They only really want it to process some wood for themselves for the next two years. They are not dealers and I would think they will probably process less than 40 tonne. I know of someone who took a 14 tonne grain trailer full of hardwood to processor the other day and the processor charged him £180 to cut and split it!

A trustworthy friend of mine wants to know if I would hire my 1x37 to him for a week. I would give him an instruction lesson and tell him he uses it at HIS OWN RISK. Do you think £300 for a week is about right or am I way off the mark. He supplies chain oil and tractor and operative to help him. I deliver machine, he returns it.

If your machine is sitting idle and it is returned unbroken, then great you have made £300. On the other hand any breakdowns could cost you more than what you hired it out for. I have a mate that i would lend anything to. because i know that if he broke it , he would either repair it or pay to have it repaired. So you have to ask yourself , would he?

£125 for your labour and £125 to cover machine hire oil etc he uses his tractor and diesel and supplies extra labour = £250 per day if he is a good mate will be happy to pay considering the amount of firewood he will get. I remember someone saying a good mate will be happy to pay you the going rate so you can earn a living rather than get things done on the cheap.

hi depends if the person is a close friend and would he do the same for u if not i would charge 150 a day and operate the machine myself then u ar safe to have it back in good working order.If u do decide to let him have it i would make an a aggreement that if damaged while they are use it they are liable for the repair costs mechanical and any other damage.remember u need that machine to earn a living.I would say £500.00 for 7 days and that is still cheap.good luck