Thinning by hand and small scale winching

22 hours ago, Nathan Pearson said:

What sort of price would you suggest? Just so i can be a bit more inline with current rates? Cheers.

I recon £45 a tonne minimum ... I would of brought all of that for £32 a tonne! 
I was offered £60 a tonne recently for beech. 
ive just been offered £40 a tonne for shite willow biomass , Some one was paying £90 a tonne standing for Sitka in keilder recently! 

• Like 1

A job I was on was getting 58 quid roadside for shitty bent birch, even the bigger bits would hardly be much over 12"  down to 3" and just approx sizes ( just paced rather than taped) so not really processor grade.

And even cut at a bad size for timber wagon ( 4m job just not thought out at all) so dearer haulage costs.

I think the original poster was talking price to extract not roadside. Presumably there would be £20-25 on top for the standing timber.

Hardwood prices seem to have stabilised here to £55-60 roadside. Softwood sawlogs have gone ridiculous though. The standing record seems to be beaten every week and it's not even for the best stuff.

• Like 2

Yes it was trackside price, £7-8 for extraction and yes probably sold for close to £50 a ton.

The 8 meter poles are being sold for over saw log price but chip is coming out without any profit although it feels good to utilise poop bits and tops at least someone will get to use the energy somewhere.

Prices need to go up inline with contractors rates as maintaining forestry gear is expensive, and your basically destroying your body for money that needs some compensation in rates.

• Like 1