The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

Finally got to use a wee chipper. I will say a) it's just fun throwing a little twig in and watch it vanish fast! B) light as we had a surface clay that stopped all my machines getting to the site. C) actually really good we did 4t in 3 hours today. [ATTACH]195381[/ATTACH]

Is that the timberwolf 18/100g? been thinking about getting one of those over a cs100 for a while but have yet to bite the bullet!

How did you find it? Did it ever get jammed?

Is that the timberwolf 18/100g? been thinking about getting one of those over a cs100 for a while but have yet to bite the bullet!

They do block a fair bit especially on dead conifer, you have to cut branches appropriately, not too many forks and not too long (depending on species- lime go nuts!) because you won't be able to stop whatever you put in as snatches it out of your hand and then you'll get it blocked up. Well worth getting, I got a used one for 2k over a new best part of 5k cs100 which would also need a trailer

They do block a fair bit especially on dead conifer, you have to cut branches appropriately, not too many forks and not too long (depending on species- lime go nuts!) because you won't be able to stop whatever you put in as snatches it out of your hand and then you'll get it blocked up. Well worth getting, I got a used one for 2k over a new best part of 5k cs100 which would also need a trailer

Thats why i like the timberwolf, no need for extra trailer like with the cs100.

Might look into getting a used one, i think they around 7.5k new

Only blocked once with a bit of wood too big. It seemed the wetter it is the better it goes through. If I was setting up again I'd have one from the off. Punches well above its weight.

I wouldn't pay that price for a new one, may as well go for the 125. I do rate the machines though. I haven't used the cs100 but saw one in the dealers near me and wasn't overly keen on its height (for loading onto a transit), lack of being able to direct the chute and thought it would be easy for some scallywag to pull up, pick it up and have it away in the back of a van

Also they hold their money well, sold mine for £500 more than I paid for it after 18 month daily use

Yeh if you could post some pics that would be great, I've just found what seems to be jansen gts1500 on eBay with a 15hp engine of unknown origin for 1650 very tempting

Couple of jobs my wee chipper has done , the large coni was a pig of a job with only just enough room down side of house and Coni was 10ft from conservatory, ladders (tied in ) i used to open job up and put myself a line in plus one for rigging .

Typical little comi with chipper right upto job and wheelie bin to tip into a bulk bag on trailer .

They are A Wee chipper and cheaper so dont expect to launch 3" plus through it ' ,i make logs out of twigs for my fire :thumbup:

For a one man band outfit like me they are HEAVEN ,90% of my tree work is conifers i cannot complain has i paid £1200 ex demo .

[ATTACH]195443[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]195444[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]195445[/ATTACH]

Ste

thanks for the pics, it looks pretty much perfect for me, which engine is in yours? I've seen some with the Honda and some with a gte engine was curious how the gte engines would stand up as their a fair bit cheaper, here is a link to the Janson gte1500 I mentioned earlier. Wood chipper / garden shredder Jansen GTS-1500E | Wood Chippers | Agriculture & Forestry | Jansen Mailorder

My is fitted with the Loncini engine ie Gts and I was a bit dubious but it has proven me wrong , that link shows with the optional extra of the swivel chute which is listed at £360 !! .

My brother has bought the Lastest version which has stop bars fitted to intake chute has similar to the likes of Timberwolf .

Has I have said once you get the knack of using these machines they are great , if they do block up just turn throttle to idle and it will clear itself in 5 min .

Ste