The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

I've seen various posts with specs & pricing that are incorrect, there was a post a while ago suggesting these were £10K+.

Yes but the M500 did used to be that price; can upload my Fletcher Stewart invoice on here to prove; this was years ago before the price came down and you had the dealership. That's perhaps how the post said £10k

Yes but the M500 did used to be that price; can upload my Fletcher Stewart invoice on here to prove; this was years ago before the price came down and you had the dealership. That's perhaps how the post said £10k

That and the fact it's listed at that price

http://www.abbeypro.co.uk/woodchippers-shredders-and-stu/narrow-access-woodchippers/showitem-M50024.aspx

Can another dealer buy from you and sell it on with a markup?

In theory anyone could buy from us & sell on for more, I have sold machines to other dealers who sell for more but these are few & far between. It's so easy now days to search the net, the people who buy through other dealers don't usually care about cost, they someone else to search & get what they want.

Thanks again dan494 but I don't have the space for anything that big. We are in an AONB and I can't imagine being allowed to put anything up bigger then we can hide from the neighbours. It'll have to be fairly close-fitting to the chipper itself; in fact, I'm waiting for the M500 to arrive then I will just build it round the machine!

@Pragma; Thanks for the heads up Steve - I've had a look at your site and the products look good.

I'm taking delivery of a new Jo Beau M500 'soon' and was wondering how current owners secure theirs. I'm sorry to say I can't fit it in my workshop so it has to go outside; out of sight of prying eyes and under cover but outside none the less.

I have ordered a concrete-in ground anchor to chain it to but how much chain/which chain+lock would you recommend?

I'd have a little structure built to cover it.

However I bought a chain and padlocks from Pragmassis because after lengthy research it appeared that they are the best security chains on the market.

@Pragma; Thanks for the heads up Steve - I've had a look at your site and the products look good.

You're welcome. Feel free to post here or to e-mail/phone us if you need any help/advice. Beware that I don't check this forum every day so if you want a quick reply then PM me or e-mail/phone us. E-mails are usually initially answered by my brother, but feel free to ask a 'tree' related question and he will bounce it over to me :001_smile:

I'd have a little structure built to cover it.

However I bought a chain and padlocks from Pragmassis because after lengthy research it appeared that they are the best security chains on the market.

Thanks for the business. We do try to produce top quality stuff and are the only ones producing high security chains with Police approval, amongst other certifications that can help your insurance. Bla bla. Besides, we like supplying tree people because we consider ourselves to be kindred spirits. E.g. I did my Windblow & Multiple Windblow chainsaw course with Phil Dunford (Chainsaw Training with Phil Dunford : Welcome to Phil's Chainsaw Training Website) earlier this year - Hence I think we can really claim to understand what you guys need? :biggrin:

We shipped some 16mm chains etc to another tree surgeon today, in fact. I won't mention names for obvious reasons, but thanks if that was someone from here.