Husqvarna 550xpg - running Issues

elfie

10 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I thought the Stihl was to let it idle  but not got an Mtronic Stihl  so don't really know ..  Husky is definitely bury the bar in the cut for a few mins .

Smaller saws (under ms462) is set to idle for >90 seconds then shut off, Bigger saws (MS462+) you set to idle for 30-60 seconds then go WOT for around 30 seconds and it'll rev its t*ts off and calibrate until the rpm drops back down. This causes them to dump all their learnt settings and go back to a factory tune.

All the saws fine tune and learn if you perform big cuts but it's not a reset where it re-learns its parameters and then fine tunes in the cut. I think husky is the same, from when I was looking between husky and stihl when I was shopping, the Huskys couldn't be reset without a tool like the stihls can with the above procedure but they do fine tune in the cut like you say. 

Maybe I'm wrong and a husky tech will correct me?

Edited by Paddy1000111

1 minute ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Smaller saws (under ms462) is set to idle for >90 seconds then shut off, Bigger saws (MS462+) you set to idle for 30-60 seconds then go WOT for around 30 seconds and it'll rev its t*ts off and calibrate until the rpm drops back down. This causes them to dump all their learnt settings and go back to a factory tune.

All the saws fine tune and learn if you perform big cuts but it's not a reset where it re-learns its parameters and then fine tunes in the cut. I think husky is the same, from when I was looking between husky and stihl when I was shopping, the Huskys couldn't be reset without a tool like the stihls can with the above procedure but they do fine tune in the cut like you say. 

Maybe I'm wrong and a husky tech will correct me?

All I know is Husky sold the first generation A/T to Stihl when they developed the 2nd gen or 3rd gen . 

With the Husky, you can reset it to default with the CST software but you must run it full tilt for a few mins to reset the AT unit to what the engine needs. Don't get hung up on the reset as it is a bit like resetting your car radio to factory - you then have to reset the bass and treble up to max and mess with the balance.....saws are the same, factory default is just a known starting point where the saw will run.

You could try putting some Aspen or Motomix through it. These fuels degrease my bench well when it spills so would imagine it may well purge any old oil from the carb. 

It is possible the oil has hindered the needle valve or the fuel pump, hopefully it will clear in time.

You can sort of understand someone doing it on a small top handle when the tanks are close together but on a fuel tank on a ground saw.....what a d!(K.

• Like 2

Quick update on the oil filled 550xp petrol chamber. 

Removed the carb the other day and gave it a good clean out,  reinstalled it then after a short run it was back to normal, thank goodness.   

Lesson learnt, don't lend out saws to numpties !

• Like 2