New Chipper

5 shires

2 hours ago, Khriss said:

5 shires, will it travel with the chute down? Better if it does as thats why many end up working  loose with long journeys n wind loading. K

Yes K it would travel with the chute down but like I said not until the design issue is sorted....and will let you know in due course but obviously running into the new year now till it gets looked at and in my view it’s a simple fix but it’s got to be done in accordance with manufacturers specifications and above all look neat.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

That green chute must have cost a lot. 😆

No not really I think the standard machine may be around £16k...and if all works out it will become a option for future machines if you would like it...not sure but mine maybe the first and like I said it’s about 95% rite but 5% needs to be sorted and hopefully the powers that be at Greenmech will ask my opinion as it’s quite an easy fix and I could do it myself but after spending £17k don’t see why I should and to be fair Greenmech are well aware of the situation and am 100% certain it will be done.

• Like 1

Aye, I bought a TW 13/75 one at £3.6k and its great but what a jump to £20k for TW230 one, nice mark up for an extra blade. [emoji849]
Different world from gravity fed to a 230. The wee chippers are a good starting point but can do your head in if your used to bigger ones.

I was including Vat in my guess btw. I think 17k will be ex vat.

J.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

Aye, I bought a TW 13/75 one at £3.6k and its great but what a jump to £20k for TW230 one, nice mark up for an extra blade. 🙄

Dont like the smaller TWs, loved their big shredder but welds fell appart on both ones we hired in - from new  😐  K

Edited by Khriss
( though the lil tracked one they did with the big gob, was a cracker ☺️ )

6 hours ago, 5 shires said:

Well after 4 months waiting and a bit of faffing about I finally collected my new Evo165p Sub750kg yesterday with the fold down Shute which I asked for and just to invert the colour scheme from black to green.

The reason I asked for a fold down Shute was to make it easier and les mucking about when putting into my lock up and the lads at Greenmech have worked hard on the design but I can’t help feeling it’s been a little over engineered but overall the machine looked fab.07AE2E99-B31E-4BEE-9509-40DB9797297F.thumb.jpeg.a61455f9e64faf5a64cbcaa267b535f0.jpeg

The main design change is with the infeed hopper which has now been off set to the left hand side and not central has it’s been forever on all Chippers,this is to help make feeding in tree waste much more easier and I gues if your feeding in from the left you won’t get whipped around the face when branches gets pulled in?

A5F724C4-FF41-4041-B1B8-B37F35C5C204.thumb.jpeg.10c205fa07c9b06c9fe4279e96a862eb.jpeg

144C02C0-129C-4B73-8B52-888FA30C3A71.thumb.jpeg.99b516aafcdae5bd05d6159d4a7b8ae6.jpeg

8C82B3C4-E119-4E87-A767-77E34ED21625.thumb.jpeg.f7849698217af64973eab1c242abed4a.jpeg

EE9771BC-1CCF-4CB7-B199-76856743C6B9.thumb.jpeg.16998f6ac4e985cf97a213081d7488cc.jpeg

Very nice. I don't know why fold down chutes aren't an option. There's a lot of call for them

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jfc said:

Ha, ha, ha. There's a man that's never bought a chipper!

My guess, double that, maybe a bit more with the Shute design.

J.

It was £17k inc VAT and considering the amount of work which went into the design and fabrication of the chute I t wasn’t to bad really compared to other standard machines in the same 750kg bracket.

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 6