Buying a processor.

Hodge

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have Palax KS35 bought it new this season. So far so good but the chain saw makes tons of bloody sawdust!!!! On the other hand we are now selling wood shavings to the local horsey people:thumbup: 26 Tons of timber when sawn up for logs fills our 6ton grain trailer full!! Our old Palax 600 combie (circular saw) model would maybe fill 4/5 bulk bags from 26 ton.

Hello fellow firewood fans, im taking the plunge and buying a processor, and advice as to which model, suppliers etc. i have seen a few comments on the forum about certain companys etc, any info wood be appreciated.:001_smile:

Depends on what timber yer processing - arb waste, hardwood, softwood, delivered in, thinnings etc...

I mainly use coppice timbr, plus some softwood thinnings, put through a Palax and a recently acquired Hakki Pilke 60 OH. I prefer a saw blade to a chainsaw, less waste, but I'm not handling lots of gnarly old bits. Generally happy with both machines, but theres things I'd change on both - nothings perfect!

ther is a dealer in the lakes ,but cant think of his name ????!!!!

Lee Lightburn @ Lake Lumber Equipment - don't hve a current phone number for him thouigh as he's running out of a new unit now. Bought my Eagle, Hawk and Thor Profi off him when I was still cutting :thumbup1:

We've got an introductory offer on the Farmi Mastercut and have the road tow version at LAMMA next week if anyone want's a look.

what stand do have chris?? ryetec?

:biggrin: Nope, though I do only live 5 min away from Ryetec;

I work for Riko now - if you click on the button on the side of the page ---->

it will take you to our site - we're in one of the big marquees again this year.

Yep, LAMMA is a big agri machinery show at Newark Showground, I'm pretty sure it's free entry too. LAMMA Home Page

We have Palax KS35 bought it new this season. So far so good but the chain saw makes tons of bloody sawdust!!!! On the other hand we are now selling wood shavings to the local horsey people:thumbup: 26 Tons of timber when sawn up for logs fills our 6ton grain trailer full!! Our old Palax 600 combie (circular saw) model would maybe fill 4/5 bulk bags from 26 ton.

Are you saying you get more logs per ton from your new processor? :001_huh:

How many cubic metres does your trailer hold? 10 ish? If so it seems small for 26 tons of timber :confused1: