Mini Skid steer loaders

lux

Any of you running something like one of these. Looking for recommendations and general feed back on them as thinking of buying one.

There are several on the market from the likes of

Giant

Cast

Toro

Looked at the Sherpa on line but doesn’t look great.

The one in the library image is the Giant 25D

I would run it with a grab 90 percent of the time I suspect. They seem quite reasonable price wise.

Cheers all IMG_5034.jpg

I run a giant 204 so the next step up from that, which is the same width ane articulate and lifts more. 
Get one on demo and you will see how good they are, Kirkland machinery in Kent are importers. 

Emailed them already for a demo. Waiting to hear back [emoji106]

I liked the look of the Giant, but ended up with a Multione.

Plenty of threads on here about them if you use the search facility.

Yeah I’m slightly torn. The multi one is more versatile overall just due to being bigger and lifting higher with more weight but the compact design of these means me first TR8 and the little loader would fit on one trailer to jobs which keeps more load space on both tippers. That in my circumstance is edging it at the mo.

Let’s face it any mechanical assistance is good [emoji38]

Don’t forget the kanga  they all Suffer from poor lift height avant has the best but is unstable if arms are extended,try before you buy. I did then bought an avant pivot steer so much better

Not keen on the kanga.

For sure pivot steer better but will then come down to it doesn’t get in a lot of gardens so would be used less than the stand on
  • Like 1

Then look hard at the tracked cormidi c85 try before you buy. the skidsteers can make quite a mess, you will need a supply of mats for protection of grass and paving but they do the work of a man and work out cheaper than employing 

Yeah that’s not an issue. Running tracked grinder and chipper on most sites so already accommodating for that instance. It’s quite nice that these little loaders would fit on the same trailer as the chipper at same time.
I’m sure they blast through plenty of brash dragging.
The cormidi is pretty cheap by the looks of it. Need to investigate dealer / machine back up etc.