Fiskar x27 Or Husky s2800

Witterings

Have googled and found a lot of people seem to prefer the Husky and find the extra weight seems to split rounds more effectively ... that said I've also seen quite a few comments that the Husky gets "stuck" more easily .... If I analysed what takes the greatest amount of time and reduces efficiency most when I'm splitting it'd probably be removing an axe / splitter that's stuck.

Especially intersted to hear from anyone that's used both and if so what your thoughst are.

Must admit not used both, only the X27.

Before that was using a roughneck mual which is a lot heavier but the X27 seems to work because off the speed u get with it.

It is almost effortless to swing, it's so light.

When I 1st picked it up after buying it online I thought wot a waste of money, far too light and wrong shaped head.

But very much surprised by it.

Be interested wot others say about the husky

• Like 1

Let me say it again.....it'll depend on the wood.  If you get the same wood all the time then its worth trying to borrow the 2 to see how they go, otherwise, take your pick.  at 5'7" a 28" axe will be ok to use.  I'm not going to say don't get the fiskars, as i love mine, but like you I've heard from people that have used both and that i trust as I know they split A LOT of wood, that the s2800 is a bit better.

Im 6.1" I think Id prefer the X25 than the X27 to be honest, but I like a slightly higher chopping Block. At 5.7" I feel you'd be at an even bigger disadvantage than myself. The light weight means you really have to swing on slightly knotty stuff like Spruce. 

I have the Husky S1600 as well, nice little splitting axe. Perfect for straight grained hardwood. 

I don't have the husky splitter but do have the x27 and x25. I mostly use the x25, it isn't too bad to use one handed when you're getting down to smaller bits of wood. 

I'm 6'1, and prefer using my splitting block that is around waist height to save bending over at all. 

I don't tend to find many bits of wood I can't get through with them. I have a hydraulic splitter on the tractor when I do have issues though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ratman said:

I have both, invested in the husky first but bought the fiskars after, purely for the extra length factor. Husky is 700mm and fiskars is 964mm.

But which is better ?

I measured both my axe and maul I have and they both measure 36" in total including the head and don't have a problem with the length on either of those ... that said I can also see how shorter may be more controllable. 

But which is better [emoji846]

I measured both my axe and maul I have and they both measure 36" in total including the head and don't have a problem with the length on either of those ... that said I can also see how shorter may be more controllable. 

Performance wise, and i dont use them very much at all now cos i have the electric splitter, they both perform equally well, i just prefer the x27 for comfort being slightly longer. I have the smaller husky s1600 also and the 900B hatchet. All great in the right situation.
  • Like 1