Is an MS461 a good saw

Echo

22 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

461s are a good saw, plenty of grunt, i run 2 of them one with 20" and one with 25", i would not want to run a bigger bar but some lads do but that will depend on how much time you have, i find best combination is with the 20" bar, i find with the 25" bar i am all ways catching it on the floor due to being a short arse, the weight of the 461 is quite a bit heavier than the 462 or the 500i which i think is something to consider when buying a saw,

Thanks @ spuddog0507 , if I find one I appreciate the info on the bar lengths,

25 wuold be max for my needs, I think hotsaws101 on a youtube video ran one he ported to very good effect, much longer bar in his case, then thats what porting does.

Edited by Echo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Pete Mctree said:

Great saws - I will be very surprised if you find one new

Yes i tend to agree with you on this one, as one guy i know bought 5 new 461s when he herd they had ceased production of them, and he wont be the only one who did that or simular sort of thing, the 441s where available and i think they still are from a few places like Honey bros, gusthearts or even FR jones,

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pete Mctree said:

Great saws - I will be very surprised if you find one new

Depends where you look. I'm sure they're readily available in other markets. I've been looking at what's available in various markets and there's loads of saws avsilable that are no longer sold here due to emissions.

Just the cost of sending it over and import duty. But since their purchase price is cheap it likely works out the same.

6 hours ago, KWarb17 said:

Nothing bad to say about my 461? sweet for falling, chogging, milling you name it. 500i even stays in the truck these days...or at least until I can find a full wrap for it?20201101_134418.thumb.jpg.a82a74ad4844e772515389dcde64e99c.jpg

I've seen pics of 500is with full wrap. Apparently the part number is 1147 790 3701, but not 100% on that.

9 hours ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Depends where you look. I'm sure they're readily available in other markets. I've been looking at what's available in various markets and there's loads of saws avsilable that are no longer sold here due to emissions.

Just the cost of sending it over and import duty. But since their purchase price is cheap it likely works out the same.

I've seen pics of 500is with full wrap. Apparently the part number is 1147 790 3701, but not 100% on that.

Cheers mate

Just struggling to find one in the UK

Don't really want to be importing one