Older MS661c Fuel Solenoid Issue?

arborlicious

1 hour ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Interesting, I borescoped my 261c-m last week and the bore was very clean after <50+ hours use! 

With Stihl Ultra at 50:1 that would probably work fine, I think maybe people are going

40:1 and even richer oil mixes, that would change the outcome quickly unless you

were taking time to warm up and then run hard, for what its worth Mr Ironhorse doesnt

like the Ultra or the Husky XP, he uses what he calls motorcycle oil at 40:1,

Randy Evans uses the Yamalube 2T at 40:1, hotsaws101 uses MaximaK2 at 50:1,

but that guy can tune a saw, he used to hang out with people who built race bikes,

so he had a good head start.

Edited by Echo

4 minutes ago, Echo said:

With Stihl Ultra at 50:1 that would probably work fine, I think maybe people are going

40:1 and even richer oil mixes, that would change the outcome quickly unless you

were taking time to warm up and then run hard, for what its worth Mr Ironhorse doesnt

like the Ultra or the Husky XP, he uses what he calls motorcycle oil at 40:1,

Randy Evans uses the Yamalube 2T at 40:1, hotsaws101 uses MaximaK2 at 50:1,

but that guy can tune a saw, he used to hang out with people who built race bikes,

so he had a good head start.

Caster oil was the choice of tuners a few years back I remember . 

15 hours ago, Stubby said:

Caster oil was the choice of tuners a few years back I remember . 

Here comes the oil debate... ? Castor oil was always used for racing because it left a waxy deposit so when the engine was on rundown with the throttle closed during corners etc it was still protected. Only thing is that deposit left the engines very dirty which wasn't an issue for engines stripped all the time in karting and stuff. Chainsaws are either idle or flat out so don't need that run down protection.

Anyway, back to the 661... I'm looking at buying one soon as I need a big saw hence I'm interested to see how the mtronic system update goes 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Here comes the oil debate... ? Castor oil was always used for racing because it left a waxy deposit so when the engine was on rundown with the throttle closed during corners etc it was still protected. Only thing is that deposit left the engines very dirty which wasn't an issue for engines stripped all the time in karting and stuff. Chainsaws are either idle or flat out so don't need that run down protection.

Anyway, back to the 661... I'm looking at buying one soon as I need a big saw hence I'm interested to see how the mtronic system update goes 

True . Years back i bought a 357 from a guy in the U.S. He said it was run on bean oil and would need periodic strip downs . It smelt good . But like R40 . 

• Like 1

The rings and cylinder are fine - definitely no scoring. Have been running Bel-Ray H1-R for many years now in all my saws always 50:1 with 95 octane fuel (no Ethanol.)

The m-tronic service kit did not turn up last week but I need the saw this week so I've had to put it back together.