bigtreedon

5 hours ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Errrrr.. yes it does. And my T525 has the same.

Try unclipping it single-handedly. The point of the QuickDraw hook is it’s shape, allowing the action on virtually all belt hooks, not the fact that there is separate place for lanyard.

Scroll to 4:00 in following video:

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Does anybody have an experience how ECHO DCS-2500T handles moisture/light rain/snow? HQ T540i XP declares  IPX4, but I did not found anything for Echo. I like the Echo ergonomy and weigth, but it seems the most electric saws do not like wet conditions...

Thanks a lot. I've found some older online manual pdf 

https://www.echo-usa.com/getattachment/3c17b4c8-fea2-4869-a000-e878b9fd3809/filev1_

in the meantime, there was nothing about IPX4, but warning "Do not expose
to rain / water", while newer seems to state this is IPX4.

WWW.ACMETOOLS.COM

Echo 56V 12" Chainsaw Bar & Chain 50.4V 2.5Ah Battery Powered Kit - DCS-2500T-12R1 from Echo

One another thing that confuses me is that this picture says max 25cm/10" bar... while many sellers state this has 12" bar. Are there more version of this saw? I know there are 3/8" ad 1/4" - do they differ in max bar length? I know its subject to change, but still confusing.

42 minutes ago, covex said:

Thanks a lot. I've found some older online manual pdf 

https://www.echo-usa.com/getattachment/3c17b4c8-fea2-4869-a000-e878b9fd3809/filev1_

in the meantime, there was nothing about IPX4, but warning "Do not expose
to rain / water", while newer seems to state this is IPX4.

WWW.ACMETOOLS.COM

Echo 56V 12" Chainsaw Bar & Chain 50.4V 2.5Ah Battery Powered Kit - DCS-2500T-12R1 from Echo

One another thing that confuses me is that this picture says max 25cm/10" bar... while many sellers state this has 12" bar. Are there more version of this saw? I know there are 3/8" ad 1/4" - do they differ in max bar length? I know its subject to change, but still confusing.

Glad to help :)

The US and non-US versions (and certifications) usually differ, hence the differences in certified bar manufacturers and lenghts as there are some differences in requirements and testing procedures.

Originally this chainsaw was designed around A4S chain hence it performs the best with narrow gauge 1/4".

The 3/8" laminated Tsumura is somewhat  "budget" version.

Here are the official sizes from catalogue (20cm is 8", 25cm is 10"):

image.thumb.png.5ea6ddf18627a443163b61fa555f5eb3.png

Edited by Piston Skirt

• 5 months later...

Hi and thanks for all the positive info' as I have recently bought the Echo 2500T. Does anyone have any problem with the battery with one charge light remining? Basically I can't run the battery out and can't totally discharge it as it keeps cutting out, even if I am just revving it without trying to cut a limb, the on/off light blinks, then when i turn the saw on again and rev it for a couple of seconds, it stops and the on/off green light flashes. I can keep doing this until i am fed up with trying to get the last light to go out. So far haven't succeeded. Thanks for any thoughts.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Coppicing Fan said:

Hi and thanks for all the positive info' as I have recently bought the Echo 2500T. Does anyone have any problem with the battery with one charge light remining? Basically I can't run the battery out and can't totally discharge it as it keeps cutting out, even if I am just revving it without trying to cut a limb, the on/off light blinks, then when i turn the saw on again and rev it for a couple of seconds, it stops and the on/off green light flashes. I can keep doing this until i am fed up with trying to get the last light to go out. So far haven't succeeded. Thanks for any thoughts.

There’s no need to kill the battery. When it’s low. You should recharge it. If it’s lithium it will prefer to be kept charged. Or so I’ve been told on many occasions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd check the manual too, I looked at my Makita one and the lights are

1 light - 0 to 25%

2 lights - 25 to 50%

3 lights - 50 to 75%

4 lights - 75 to 100%

Once it's at 1 light it won't really cut, sounds like yours. In fact heavy cuts not as good with 2 lights on.

This seemed a bit counter intuitive as you can't see the difference between a full 100% battery and a 90% battery, but I guess if the top light was actually only for 100% then it might not turn on when the battery is a bit old.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/03/2024 at 12:34, Coppicing Fan said:

That's just low battery, swap batteries when that starts happening. 1 light is the lowest indicator, it does not go to zero lights to display no battery remaining