Ordered some timber in

Treewarrior

Glad your backs right . Yeah got a fair bit to go at . Its just after the big break and getting back into things . I,ve proper siezed up . Seems everybodys after my timber now . Can only mean one thing not enough log suppliers . Do you have a full time employer or are you subing all the time .

Not full time with anyone mate, Ive got a few good contacts who i work for, Works very well and i get on with them all, Which is great :thumbup1: Took me a while to build up a good network mind but im really enjoying things, well i will be when the snow fecks off :laugh1:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not full time with anyone mate, Ive got a few good contacts who i work for, Works very well and i get on with them all, Which is great :thumbup1: Took me a while to build up a good network mind but im really enjoying things, well i will be when the snow fecks off :laugh1:

Yep its snow joke :blushing: . Its starting to cost me some dollars now . Oh and my 020 is not playing after his rest .:thumbdown:

With out a weight bridge i have been trying to work out roughly the weight of 1 cubic metre of seasoned logs in a bag. If i order say (for easy maths) 10 tonnes the expected bags to be filled would be 15 based on 1.5 per tonne? For some reason i always thought you would get more bags per tonne of wood.

So is 1.5 the train of thought here or as Shrek mentioned in another thread he would get a return of £240 per tonne of wood. Say he is selling ast £80 a bag then that would be 3 c/m!!

hmmmm i need a weigh bridge!!!!

Has anyone actually weighed a bag of say seasoned logs?

With out a weight bridge i have been trying to work out roughly the weight of 1 cubic metre of seasoned logs in a bag. If i order say (for easy maths) 10 tonnes the expected bags to be filled would be 15 based on 1.5 per tonne? For some reason i always thought you would get more bags per tonne of wood.

So is 1.5 the train of thought here or as Shrek mentioned in another thread he would get a return of £240 per tonne of wood. Say he is selling ast £80 a bag then that would be 3 c/m!!

hmmmm i need a weigh bridge!!!!

Has anyone actually weighed a bag of say seasoned logs?

I can just about pull a builder bag full of logs off my pick up on my own so i doubt very much it wieghs 1.5. i reckon my bags must be between 300-400kgs each when full. I have a wiegh bridge on one farm so will try use it when i go that way with a load and report back

Edited by farmer_ben

Okay i meant that per tonne you get 1.5 cubic meters which i even know is wrong! seasoned i am guessing 250-300kgs per bag hence why we can just about shift them on the ground.

Buying in wet wood is an unavoidable occupation i feel, but if someone does have the means to weigh a good bag of wood then it would make for interesting calculations. I sometimes worry i have a little too much time on my hands!!!!