wasp hornet or worse

openspaceman

So far only one job abandoned this year when Asiatics started bombing Jerome in the heat of the afternoon.

The nest was close but hidden amongst other trees.

We went back a week later, early morning when they are less active.

Jerome got stung twice in the face last year, me 7 times on the back and head in 2016 which sent me to hospital with a severe reaction.

Between PPM, OPM and Asian hornets, volonteering on the Ukrainian front line is looking to be the safe option.

Stuart

6 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

So far only one job abandoned this year when Asiatics started bombing Jerome in the heat of the afternoon.

Jerome got stung twice in the face last year, me 7 times on the back and head in 2016 which sent me to hospital with a severe reaction.

Between PPM, OPM and Asian hornets, volonteering on the Ukrainian front line is looking to be the safe option.

Stuart

Don’t be daft Stu, get the exterminator at the client’s expense, €200 max.

1 hour ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Stuart

I feel a bit ill at the mere thought:  I swear and jump about with a single wasp sting but multiple hornet stings... yikes

2 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Don’t be daft Stu, get the exterminator at the client’s expense, €200 max.

Free in fact, paid for entirely by the commune in this region of Brittany but no-one including the client or his neighbours in the village could see a nest so no-one to take responsibility for it.

I recently abandoned moving my wood pile at my renovation due to Asiatics interested either in the grape vine or those others insects feeding on the grapes.

I watched for a long time and saw they took off in 3 directions.

After noting their flight paths, I walked several hundred metres across fields towards copses yet could not see a single nest in any tree.

Like yours, the nests often very difficult to spot until you are almost upon them.

Even then, you need a property owner to take responsibility and sign the required forms.

Stuart

Here, Jerome gives our local exterminator (former tree surgeon and Blakes hitch man) a crash course in SRT in order to reach a particularly difficult nest.

Our man failed due to the +30c temperatures.

Then Jerome said "putain" and put the neoprene suit on himself (Meindl Airstreams)

Upon reaching the nest the feckers swarmed him.

He treated it then shot out of the tree faster than the SAS on an embassy balcony.

Amazing descent, well he does climb competitively.

Stuart 

20200728_150509.jpg

20200728_154953.jpg

20200728_153303.jpg

• Like 2