Please don't shoot me, butttt!

andy cobb

On 31/08/2020 at 18:54, andy cobb said:

I just cant get on with a posch 360.

I bought a Dunn 420 from Wilson's a couple of months ago and they're still waiting on a hydraulic component from Italy, they very kindly sent me a 360 to play with while I wait for mine.

I think I was maybe expecting it to be the best thing since peephole bra's but I really don't like it.

It hates timber with any bends at all in it, and if you have to jiggle the log from the deck to the infeed you cant reach the joystick to send it along.

The log clamp doesnt seem to have enough time to work before the blade starts moving so sometimes it starts to cut before the logs clamped.

Don't think you can readily adjust feed speed of the blade for different timber.

A lot of dust and chip is thrown back at the operator.

A large proportion of logs bounce when they hit the splitting chamber, needing to be corrected.

The outfeed doesnt slew ( maybe an option)

When  moving with a forklift it less balanced than a scotsman at hogmany.

On the plus side it seems incredibly heavily built and if you have nice straight timber its fantastically quick.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on a machine that I'm not fully up to speed with but I expected more for a machine that comes at a premium compared to others.

That got derailed pretty quick Andy. I think most of those niggles you've got with the posch i have with my ryetec. But having operated it for a couple of years now you steadily learn how to work around its limitations and get the best out of it. If there were a processor that could cope with twisty stuff it would sell well in the uk market but all these toys are built for the pencil straight bog brushes that grow in the forests of bavaria.

6 minutes ago, log on tommy said:

That got derailed pretty quick Andy. I think most of those niggles you've got with the posch i have with my ryetec. But having operated it for a couple of years now you steadily learn how to work around its limitations and get the best out of it. If there were a processor that could cope with twisty stuff it would sell well in the uk market but all these toys are built for the pencil straight bog brushes that grow in the forests of bavaria.

Your probably right Tom, am slowly getting used to it. If you want a free demo you can pop down to my yard and run it for a day!

Hows harvest going? Weve got about 120a of a barley to finish off, so shouldn't be far away by sat night.

1 minute ago, andy cobb said:

Your probably right Tom, am slowly getting used to it. If you want a free demo you can pop down to my yard and run it for a day!

Hows harvest going? Weve got about 120a of a barley to finish off, so shouldn't be far away by sat night.

Bit stop start to say the least, start again sunday or monday i think. yields are moderate to poor and the straw looks like we've chopped it! Been trying to get hold of tink, has he got the same number?

25 minutes ago, andy cobb said:

Yeah tink still got same number, but hes been isolating after getting back from Spain.

Think he's free to roam after this weekend. Yields on wolds land havnt been to bad, but definitely no records broken, and don't think wheat will make milling grade.

I'll keep trying him then. Any milling varieties worth keeping separate this year i reckon as the millers might have to take what they're given when they finally realise theres none about.