Milling olive ash

topchippyles

17 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

I did not have to get a bouncy back loan Big john (homes) Keep the pecker up son ? 

Neither did I, I took it just in case, I'm not a physic and didn't know how long the shutdown was going to go on for. If I don't need it I'll pay it back in one lump sum. Keep posting pictures of a company that's name doesn't begin with an "L" and claiming it's how you work.

2 hours ago, frammo said:

ive got order to build one in couple of months,less steel ,bit more wrought iron and clients budget is 5k.might send steelwork to him and sit at home supping champagne?(and yes i do it for living)

A one minute search on the bay and guy selling enough u section on there which will do the strings for you on  2 stairs. 30 metres for around £300-350 which is about the same as salvaged steel rates. Size 225x75mm which will be perfect for you ? 

Mild Steel CHANNEL U Section

Edited by topchippyles

7 minutes ago, frammo said:

if only i was enough of an idiot to use that heavy a section for domestic stairs?

Point being that steel can be picked up in what ever sizes and spec required for a fraction of the cost of new. (Fact) Only a few years back they spent 4 years taking down a massive steel works and there is still a abundance of it about all within a mile or two of me.

Edited by topchippyles

5 minutes ago, frammo said:

we actually use pfc .will give you minute to google it ?

In the last 12 years around 6 of us (tradesmen buddies)  have all done massive self builds and every stair case in them i have done but know nothing on the subject ? Not a kind of chap who just buys a sawmill and  lets go and have a bash like some on here ?

Edited by topchippyles

3 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Les, we are 5 pages in and not one person here agrees with you, and most of us have been around construction/civils to know how much things cost. Not only that @Johnsond has told us how much it cost. Do ya self a favour and give it a rest.

I am popping out for an hour over my mates. Will take a photo of the oak porch i made 4 years ago with the stairs in the back ground ?

7 minutes ago, frammo said:

wow is chat a chip i see on your shoulder...boom boom ?

Its an utterly pathetic dig at a few folk on here. These Mills are literally aimed at people doing just that, buying a Mill and having a bash. At the 'homesteader' who wants to save money by milling their own products and people who want diverse into another market or job and continue to provide for their family. Its not Rocket Science to operate one or understand why people he clearly see's beneath him would invest in a Mill.

If Milling and being the worlds best Chippy paid so well I wonder why he needs to top up his income by selling illegal Cable/Sky type Dongles on the side?   

15 hours ago, topchippyles said:

Do not talk bollocks.

Maybe practise what you preach.

As I said. If you can make that staircase for 2k I'll have two please. Not out of scraps of secondhand steel now. I wouldnt even want it powder coated at that price, just lightly blasted and primed for transport purposes will do.

Obviously you dont need any information about ceiling height,  ope space, number of treads etc,  you've already covered that.. never mind, I'll build the rest of the house around the staircase, may be the cheapest way around it. 

This is great, what else do you do? Tarmac?

But seriously, if you're working that cheap something is wrong. 

9 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I guess thats why he's got the fake Sky Scam going? :D 

Ah I see, he didn't need to take a bounce back loan because his criminal activities keep him going during a pandemic, makes sense now, loads of people stuck at home watching sky tv on a dodgy dongle.

• Like 1