Milling olive ash

topchippyles

Just now, Johnsond said:

No it wasn’t Andy whom was utterly offended by the I quote ranch style headboard. Regarding the RSJ legs etc to be honest the whole industrial and wood combo is very profitable right now. A mate of mine has just paid a bloody fortune for an rsj and oak staircase on a barn conversion. 

His Boss paid him about £3000 for that table. Not bad money really. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

No it wasn’t Andy whom was utterly offended by the I quote ranch style headboard. Regarding the RSJ legs etc to be honest the whole industrial and wood combo is very profitable right now. A mate of mine has just paid a bloody fortune for an rsj and oak staircase on a barn conversion. 

For all his nonsense and his constant need to lock horns with every tom-dick and harry he is quite a tidy bloke for a jock i suppose. The fact someone likes or dislikes a certain style has no bearing what so ever on a bespoke made item.We all like different styles/looks/shapes/colours ect ect. 

Edited by topchippyles

28 minutes ago, The avantgardener said:

Iron, steel and wood combination designs have been pretty much the the holy trinity since the 1850’s, can’t see why craftsmanship in different materials can’t be appreciated together.

3305D057-B624-4BC6-9D37-B0320A1FCDD1.jpeg.d327be4340fc23f0c59891dc11cd3e0e.jpegE7D3940E-FADD-44D3-9A56-AE61705F09D5.thumb.jpeg.47c7f9e623dbe0a1a1a759bda5ece4c4.jpeg216764E1-253F-4F94-8FC3-63C77A0154D5.thumb.jpeg.b14a8c84dc3d504a6839fc8e832ecdbf.jpeg

• Like 11

15 hours ago, Johnsond said:

3305D057-B624-4BC6-9D37-B0320A1FCDD1.jpeg.d327be4340fc23f0c59891dc11cd3e0e.jpegE7D3940E-FADD-44D3-9A56-AE61705F09D5.thumb.jpeg.47c7f9e623dbe0a1a1a759bda5ece4c4.jpeg216764E1-253F-4F94-8FC3-63C77A0154D5.thumb.jpeg.b14a8c84dc3d504a6839fc8e832ecdbf.jpeg

Horrible looking staircase to me.You have a period oak feature in photo 1 and they go and stick a modern looking half steel-half wood with a clean cut look (yuk) ? Just my own opinion mind. That room is screaming out for a semi modern rustic looking oak staircase. Anyone else think the one there now is bland looking and by the looks that is 2k plus

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Horrible looking staircase to me.You have a period oak feature in photo 1 and they go and stick a modern looking half steel-half wood with a clean cut look (yuk) ? Just my own opinion mind. That room is screaming out for a semi modern rustic looking oak staircase. Anyone else thing the one there now is bland looking and by the looks that is 2k plus

Les I’m sure the guy whom built it won’t be too upset at those  comments. He and his wife did exactly what they wanted and achieved the look they desired. The whole barn conversion annex/granny flat and outbuildings has taken him 3 years to complete, of which 2 were spent in a static caravan. He has self built and sold I think 5 properties whilst holding down a full time job in the last 25 years and is now in the enviable position of being mortgage free at 45 in a barn conversion that cost he reckoned 600k all in and is valued at 850-900k. So like I say I’m sure he won’t be too offended as I wasn’t ref criticism of the mrs headboard or Andy’s brother won’t be ref the comments about the table. As for 2K+ there is not a steel fabrication place in the land that will build that for you for that money. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Johnsond said:

Les I’m sure the guy whom built it won’t be too upset at those  comments. He and his wife did exactly what they wanted and achieved the look they desired. The whole barn conversion annex/granny flat and outbuildings has taken him 3 years to complete, of which 2 were spent in a static caravan. He has self built and sold I think 5 properties whilst holding down a full time job in the last 25 years and is now in the enviable position of being mortgage free at 45 in a barn conversion that cost he reckoned 600k all in and is valued at 850-900k. So like I say I’m sure he won’t be too offended as I wasn’t ref criticism of the mrs headboard or Andy’s brother won’t be ref the comments about the table. As for 2K+ there is not a steel fabrication place in the land that will build that for you for that money. 

I could not care less if its worth 10 million quid.It was not a comment made to offend someone but i stated that it would not have been my choice of style in a thousand years.I am only going from a photo and cannot see the whole look and feel of the place. Believe me i could get that stairs made for  2k and that is a fact Mr johnsond ?

30 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

I could not care less if its worth 10 million quid.It was not a comment made to offend someone but i stated that it would not have been my choice of style in a thousand years.I am only going from a photo and cannot see the whole look and feel of the place. Believe me i could get that stairs made for  2k and that is a fact Mr johnsond ?

Give me the breakdown of how you get that for 2K. Design,Materials,manufacturing ,man hrs and transportation/installation etc 

The description you used was Horrible Les, you do tend to blow very cold on anything anyone else does or posts. Be nice to see some of the stuff you do as like you say it’s all a matter of individual taste etc. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Johnsond said:

Give me the breakdown of how you get that for 2K. Design,Materials,manufacturing ,man hrs and transportation/installation etc 

Why ?? I said i could get that done for 2k all day long. I supply 2 lads local with all the timber for the steel stairs they manufacture (fabricators) I am trade remember and can get any amount of steel at cost prices.