Stihl with Oregon bars

Bluebird

One of the bars is from a Florabest electric chainsaw, one is from an Aldi ( Einhell ) petrol  saw and the other is from an Einhell electric saw.  The chain shown is for illustration only and I know it needs sharpening . The bars are stamped as follows:- OREGON 8K 112364 91 , OREGON 9L 112364 91, OREGON W9 112364 91.

Thanks to everybody for showing interest.

10 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

One of the bars is from a Florabest electric chainsaw, one is from an Aldi ( Einhell ) petrol  saw and the other is from an Einhell electric saw.  The chain shown is for illustration only and I know it needs sharpening . The bars are stamped as follows:- OREGON 8K 112364 91 , OREGON 9L 112364 91, OREGON W9 112364 91.

Thanks to everybody for showing interest.

So . Completely wrong for your desired application then .  

He was trying to repurpose them stubby ?

the only way you'd get the bar in the pic to work, is to have a bar that is meant  to fit a 211 aka 3005 mount and you redrilled the holes in the correct place on this bar as well as the oil hole. Using it as a template ??

I know some peeps do it with other bars, but what bars for what saw idk.

if you get it wrong then your on your own, as it’s a modification that nobody would say is ok to do. Even thou others do similar stuff.

ive never done it. But I would have a go if I needed to some day.

i hope you work out which way your best way is, allowing For your tools and skills. I would google/YouTube redrilling bar holes first ?

let us know how you tackle it and get on, it could help others some day. 

Must admit just go out and buy he direct bar and chain for ur saw.

Prob get a chain for 10 quid and bar for 20, by the time u redrill holes etc and still might not work.

As wonky said check ur sprocket and wot size it is t make sure u buy the right combo.

Would expect it to be running 325 or 3/8s Pico rather than full 3/8s.

Dunno wot guage those brand of saws run but as far as I know only Stihl run a 1.6mm bar

Once you have bought the correct bar for your saw you might be able to use the chains you have ( if they are the correct gauge and pitch ) by having the extra drivers removed and spinning it back together . Any one ( dealer or otherwise ) who makes up loops can do it .

Edited by Stubby

I do have Stihl bars and chains for these saws I was just trying to utilise the Oregon bars in a more useful way. I think I will now knock this on the head and stick with the appropriate equipment for the saws. There are, however, 16 inch bar and chain combos on line “ to suit Stihl “ where it is obvious from the comments that the chains do not fit in the way I described. 
Thanks to all

• Like 1

That's the danger off buying online, u don't know wot ur buying or the quality.

Oregon bars are perfectly fine with Stihl saws u just need to buy the correct bar/chain combo to suit the saw.

Dunno wot online combo's they are but should state the models they suit.