Has the cold weather improved log business?

dave28

Just wondering if this ongoing cold weather has helped out with an improvement in log sales, heard that trade was generally a bit quieter than normal.

I've got some year old billets ready that I was going to retail later this year and thought it might be worth a quick ad in the village shop.

Sold out of logs before xmas! Dont know of any commercial loggers who havent had a really good year!, I just do it for a bit of pocket money over xmas but thinking of stepping it up a gear.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first year of selling logs as a sideline.

sold out before christmas !!!

took 3 ash down 5th Jan

kept the logs on the pikey bus to aid traction....good 2 ton

must have been asked 20 times if they were for sale.....

going to go into it better prepared next year

looks like i'll be buying a mechanical splitter and some form of lifting equipment

i.e fork truck...skidsteer

listening to the posts on here you guys just love throwing money at toys :thumbup:

as a sole trader..sole climber...( skint climber) we'll have to start small n build up :sneaky2:

but we'll be there

:thumbup::thumbup:

hi you seam to be in the same boat as me, ive got really good quality logs that are well seasoned but i cant seam to shift them, im, charging £55 for a level pick up load and they just dont seam to be shifting, im starting to wonder what im doing wrong?

i have changed the price a few times down to as low as £45 and yet they still didnt go, i cabt possibly go any lower because i'd be robbing myself!

hope things pick up for you mate

hi you seam to be in the same boat as me, ive got really good quality logs that are well seasoned but i cant seam to shift them, im, charging £55 for a level pick up load and they just dont seam to be shifting, im starting to wonder what im doing wrong?

i have changed the price a few times down to as low as £45 and yet they still didnt go, i cabt possibly go any lower because i'd be robbing myself!

Strange,I could only guess you're not advertising enough(or in the right places) as that sounds cheap (depends a bit on the size of the pickup obviously).

Mate thats way too cheap, surely better to keep hold of them then sell that cheap.

Like Rob said, what sort of advertising you doing???

Its my first year doing logs on the side and with some nice flyers i've had made up I'll have done 40 loads by end of this week

Mate thats way too cheap, surely better to keep hold of them then sell that cheap.

Like Rob said, what sort of advertising you doing???

Its my first year doing logs on the side and with some nice flyers i've had made up I'll have done 40 loads by end of this week

Sounds like the pickup has more than paid for itself then mate.