The Cooking Thread

AHPP

Was thinking the other day I haven't done a curry for ages. Will locate a bit of ginger and sort it out. In a bit of a rut with cooking atm. It's usually a fry up at lunchtime and peanuts for dinner atm. 

• Sad 1

Aye, that does look a bit bleak now I see it written down. I cooked myself out perfecting spaghetti alla peds last week and the week before.

A well-made chicken pathia is a decent way to pass the time, if you are receptive to any curry recommendations.

I like to fill takeaway containers with a nice spicy and tangy rooster pathia when I get the chance to process a spare bird and keep them in the freezer for an emergency treat dinner when I'm home alone. Couple of na'an from the freezer, few tins of IPA, quick spliff. Heaven. 

Edited by peds

That looks spot on. Not sure I've ever had one. I've been needing to add a new tomato one to the repertoire. Go on then. You get typing and I'll work out where I can get some tamarind. Pretty sure I have fenugreek in some form.

Tamarind is the dogs bollox, it makes any curry taste amazing.

Go easy on the fenugreek, unless you particularly like the smell. It can make its presence known in your sweat for days afterwards!

Fenugreek is very easy to overdose on, you are absolutely right. Best added towards the end I think, and carefully. 

Edit

Let me see... this is the recipe I loosely follow, but I essentially slow-cook the bone-in rooster pieces in the sauce then flake the meat off the bone. A few more peppers added in mine, too.

Edit 2

I guess I'll add the link, shall I...

WWW.OMEMADE.COM

Pathia recipe from 'Ome Made. A tasty Persian inspired curry ideal for special occaisions...

Edit 3

Reading it again, I actually leave out the paneer and dial it down a bit on the sugar.

Edited by peds

20 minutes ago, peds said:

Fenugreek is very easy to overdose on, you are absolutely right. Best added towards the end I think, and carefully. 

Edit

Let me see... this is the recipe I loosely follow, but I essentially slow-cook the bone-in rooster pieces in the sauce then flake the meat off the bone. A few more peppers added in mine, too.

Edit 2

I guess I'll add the link, shall I...

WWW.OMEMADE.COM

Pathia recipe from 'Ome Made. A tasty Persian inspired curry ideal for special occaisions...

Edit 3

Reading it again, I actually leave out the paneer and dial it down a bit on the sugar.

Thanks. I'll need to read that again in daylight. Sounds like more than one thing to prep.

And yeah. Sod paneer.