Chancellors speach

eggsarascal

I though it would do nothing for us eggs.... Maybe 3 months freeze on mortgage etc

Was hoping they'd knock council tax on the head etc.... 

Nothing about tax relief etc.... Most folk still have second payments in July and books will be going in soon.... No good if works slow and can't pay tax as you go.

All they offered was grants for businesses to get into more debt to paddle out this shit storm.

The removal of business rates sounds good but who's GNA go where and shop etc on a shut down?

Crackers

Am I correct in thing that this 3 hundred odd billion quid the Chancellor has banded out today has nowt in it for the likes of us?, corona will affect small set ups imh. Did anyone who was not half dead listen to it?

Yeah,
Sound like BS
[emoji51]

Just now, eggsarascal said:

Am I correct in thing that this 3 hundred odd billion quid the Chancellor has banded out today has nowt in it for the likes of us?, corona will affect small set ups imh. Did anyone who was not half dead listen to it?

Self employed, you take your chances. Some you win, some you lose. With some clever accountancy, which you've claimed you've used in the past to avoid paying tax is hardly unknown to the government is it? So you avoid paying tax then moan when the taxpayer is not bailing you out. :D 

Why self employed folk are not insured to the hilt I dont know? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

Self employed, you take your chances. Some you win, some you lose. With some clever accountancy, which you've claimed you've used in the past to avoid paying tax is hardly unknown to the government is it? So you avoid paying tax then moan when the taxpayer is not bailing you out. :D 

Have you ever got a quote for it? 

I remember years ago I had a quote for some ins... Can't remember payment but they would pay out 500 pcm.... I just laughed at them and said what do you think that's going to cover. 

Taking insurance out for no earnings is stupid in my opinion. Cut your cloth accordingly and be right with your brass

• Like 3

Just now, swinny said:

I remember years ago I had a quote for some ins... Can't remember payment but they would pay out 500 pcm.... I just laughed at them and said what do you think that's going to cover. 

Taking insurance out for no earnings is stupid in my opinion. Cut your cloth accordingly and be right with your brass

No, Ive never had a quote for it. As I never intend to be self employed. If I ever did want to be self employed Id either stump up, or have a good amount put aside for a rainy day. If its not possible to put anything aside for a rainy day even with everything you can write off as being self employed then you're better off being PAYE as clearly being self empolyed is not working for that individual. 

3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Listen now lads as there is some thing there for the self employed, In about a weeks time i will be in lock down for 21 days sick pay ,Can feel it coming on as we speak, No hassle just 1 phone call and no sick note from the quack, Pay enough damn tax and NI 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, swinny said:

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

No, Ive never had a quote for it. As I never intend to be self employed. If I ever did want to be self employed Id either stump up, or have a good amount put aside for a rainy day. If its not possible to put anything aside for a rainy day even with everything you can write off as being self employed then you're better off being PAYE as clearly being self empolyed is not working for that individual. 

A quick story and god strike me down with this virus if i am lying which i am not, Met lewis mother my ex wife, I was working on site and a pair of 38 DD walked on and tried to flog me accident insurance. Long story short she was on 90% commission if signed up on direct debit,Ended up 7 years with her and hence my lad now 21 ,At the time the crazy gang wimbledon football team got the team doctor to sign 10 of them sick, 500 a month for a sixty quid a year policy, Never cost me a penny and 38 DD in the deal 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1