Lumag Bandsaw Mill

Josh Purton

Good one Les. [emoji106]
I've not used a lumag,
Thought they were a generic Chinese brand, I could be wrong.
Got quite a small cut too.
I have used the woodlands 130 and fir the price it's very effective.
It will need "tuning" though.
Also consider the
logosol b751 entry level bandsaw, as Logosol have very high manufacturing and material spec.
[emoji106]

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rough Hewn said:

Good one Les. emoji106.png
I've not used a lumag,
Also consider the
logosol b751 entry level bandsaw, as Logosol have very high manufacturing and material spec.
emoji106.png

I am going to order one next week,That is a beast of a price and spent 12 hours going through all the specs available and posting,You can have a saw which will Cut 7 metres long with the same cut as the HM130 and 10 new blades and cant hook for under 4k (Unreal) 

4 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Good one Les. emoji106.png
I've not used a lumag,
Also consider the
emoji106.png

Lumag is a German brand.

It will be interesting to see some feedback on one of these.

Looking at the Woodlands site they seem to have up graded all their machines to four posters including the smaller HM122.

The Lumag looks very similar in design to the old HM122 with just the two posts but with a 9.5hp engine instead of the 7hp on the Woodlands and the capacity of the HM126.

I wonder, as Woodlands have changed the design of their machines the patents have run out on the old design leaving them open for others to step in. 

Edited by Forest2Furniture
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Forest2Furniture said:

Lumag is a German brand.

It will be interesting to see some feedback on one of these.

Looking at the Woodlands site they seem to have up graded all their machines to four posters including the smaller HM122.

The Lumag looks very similar in design to the old HM122 with just the two posts but with a 9.5hp engine instead of the 7hp on the Woodlands and the capacity of the HM126.

I wonder, as Woodlands have changed the design of their machines the patents have run out on the old design leaving them open for others to step in. 

Hell of a lot of machine for the money ,Have been looking on the german site as no vat to pay then unlike in the uk 

Edited by topchippyles

1 hour ago, topchippyles said:

Hell of a lot of machine for the money ,Have been looking on the german site as no vat to pay then unlike in the uk 

Same as with Woodlands, if you are vat registered just supply the Number and it’s none of the merry go round we have here. I was looking at Norwood here in uk but it was the zero hassle vat  option and not having to pay out extra for 3 months that made me go down the WM130 route. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Same as with Woodlands, if you are vat registered just supply the Number and it’s none of the merry go round we have here. I was looking at Norwood here in uk but it was the zero hassle vat  option and not having to pay out extra for 3 months that made me go down the WM130 route. 

You jocks love your milling,Trigger andy is a brill chap and another jock,Had to come to wales for his mill though ? GODS COUNTRY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...