Trainee Arb. Consultant position available (Newmarket, Suffolk)

Ligna Consultancy

50 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Its a trainee position for goodness sake, wage seems where it should be to me

Think so steve (trainee or junior) Same thing in my book 

Junior Arboricultural Consultant - Chelmsford

Consultant Chelmsford, Essex, East of England (United Kingdom) Full Time£19,000 - £22,000 (GBP)

4 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Its a trainee position for goodness sake, wage seems where it should be to me

Hi Steve yes I did read it was for a trainee but did you read the criteria requirements,that’s not laid out for someone with little or no experience,and with that workload and requirements even being a trainee I would still want £20/£25k.thats a lot of work for a trainee to take on board,yes free training and all that but think they are undervalueing the person who they are looking for...good luck to them.

• Like 2

Absolutely ridiculous rate of pay. I literally spat out my dinner.

When I was collecting data and learning on the job in terms of data collection, surveying and consultancy i was on 18-25ph. Aim for something like that adjusted without London weighting and you might get some interest

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, RossG said:

Absolutely ridiculous rate of pay. I literally spat out my dinner.

When I was collecting data and learning on the job in terms of data collection, surveying and consultancy i was on 18-25ph. Aim for something like that adjusted without London weighting and you might get some interest

SPOT ON SIR 

Edited by topchippyles

Hi Guys,

I understand that there is always going to be a lot of discussion and opinions based on wages, but I'd ask that you post them on a separate thread which is aimed at discussion of rates of pay.

We decided to offer the £16-19k wage as unlike may of our industry peers, we are happy to accept applications from people with zero consultancy experience (most other similar job offers that we came across were offering between £18-20k for people with 1-2 years experience).

Thank you,

1 minute ago, Ligna Consultancy said:

Hi Guys,

I understand that there is always going to be a lot of discussion and opinions based on wages, but I'd ask that you post them on a separate thread which is aimed at discussion of rates of pay.

We decided to offer the £16-19k wage as unlike may of our industry peers, we are happy to accept applications from people with zero consultancy experience (most other similar job offers that we came across were offering between £18-20k for people with 1-2 years experience).

Thank you,

This is an open forum and people in this industry are most welcome to reply,Wish you the best of luck and hope you find the best for both parties. No offence off me and the other members i am sure ?

For what it’s worth I think it’s pretty poor form to slate the rates/prices proposed by advertisers. Market forces will dictate whether they fill the role/sell a piece of machinery etc. 

If someone fancied this role but felt the rates aren’t where they hoped then there’s nothing to stop them putting in an enquiry and seeing if there’s any room for negotiation. 

Why would people bother placing such adverts here in future if they are just going to receive abuse from keyboard warriors with absolutely no interest in the role? 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

For what it’s worth I think it’s pretty poor form to slate the rates/prices proposed by advertisers. Market forces will dictate whether they fill the role/sell a piece of machinery etc. 

If someone fancied this role but felt the rates aren’t where they hoped then there’s nothing to stop them putting in an enquiry and seeing if there’s any room for negotiation. 

Why would people bother placing such adverts here in future if they are just going to receive abuse from keyboard warriors with absolutely no interest in the role? 

Its an open forum and we share views on how this industry works. Nobody i have read is being rude to anyone