Greenmech Evo 165d v first St6d

matthawh1966

2 hours ago, treevolution said:

Can it be put on a turntable?

It’s not a standard option available currently. I would imagine they could produce one, whether there is enough call to officially make one and put it in the price list is another question all together. The Quad Trak 160 is a great tool, the Swiss Army knife of chippers. But it is sold in lowish numbers. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GA Groundcare said:

It’s not a standard option available currently. I would imagine they could produce one, whether there is enough call to officially make one and put it in the price list is another question all together. The Quad Trak 160 is a great tool, the Swiss Army knife of chippers. But it is sold in lowish numbers. 

Thinking more of a towable one.

The bother with tuning engines is that it immediately voids all warranties! If the engine supplier doesn't like your game, he can hold back or halt supply! People just have to accept that engine supply to all manufacturers is changing and we can do nothing about it. Same as towing limits were fixed some 23 years ago and we all have had to accept it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PeteB said:

The bother with tuning engines is that it immediately voids all warranties! If the engine supplier doesn't like your game, he can hold back or halt supply! People just have to accept that engine supply to all manufacturers is changing and we can do nothing about it. Same as towing limits were fixed some 23 years ago and we all have had to accept it.

I understand a chipper manufacturer couldn’t supply a machine with a modified engine - it would be down to an end user to take the decision to remove any emissions gubbins and retune the engine to a previously available specification in the knowledge that the engine was no longer covered by any warranty.

I for one wouldn’t be too concerned about doing something like this to a Kubota engine as they are well proven to be ultra reliable in their previous more basic and more powerful incarnation. 

I bet the 165 would be a real beast with a third more ponies.....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PeteB said:

I think we have recently established the value engine manufacturers place upon warranties.

Let us not go there again, not for a while at least...lol!

Stuart

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

I think we have recently established the value engine manufacturers place upon warranties.

Let us not go there again, not for a while at least...lol!

Stuart

Imagine trying to deal with your Briggs engine dealer on the issues you had with a "tuned" engine.... Chances are you'd be footing the invoice on the repairs.

When out of warranty then fair game. We have just had our Puma Defender remapped from 122hp to 165hp (ish). It has made all the difference when on heavy towing. The itch for 200hp is now strong ?

Edited by GA Groundcare
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, GA Groundcare said:

Imagine trying to deal with your Briggs engine dealer on the issues you had with a "tuned" engine.... Chances are you'd be footing the invoice on the repairs.

When out of warranty then fair game. We have just had our Puma Defender remapped from 122hp to 165hp (ish). It has made all the difference when on heavy towing. The itch for 200hp is now strong ?

Watch those injectors - if they start to hose, they will burn through the piston crown, skirt and cylinder wall like a laser jet!

• Like 1