Another newbie to the pro world...

Omniata

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just getting myself off the ground and into the pro world of tree work...

I've done quite a bit in the past prior to being forced into an office behind a desk...

Long story, nothing done wrong,

Is tree work being used as a punishment these days. What a good idea - I sentence you to ten years hard tree work young man.

If I were you I'd get a good lawyer, there may be a way out. You could get it reduced to lawn mowing or something if you show remorse:sneaky2:

Oops didn't notice I was in training and education, and that you were so new to the forum. I see your'e in Cheshire, if you pm me with your phone number I'll give you what advice I can over a chat on the phone. Also you could come along for a day maybe and see what its like. We were all new to it once and I believe in helping people out where I can.

Hi Omniata

Go for it . I did just that and am really enjoying it its the best move i ever made . Wind, rain, snow, mud,slush no worries it beats working in an office shop or anyware inside the good old outdoors you will never ever look back .

I started off getting 30/31 and just done my brushcutter last week .

and my cs38 starting on the 4Th Jan so am really looking forward to it .

I would never want to go back to work inside its so pants . I should of made my move many years ago but better late then never

A £30 set of Army surplus gortex jacket and trousers will sort all your rainy days out they go over the chainsaw trousers and you will stay nice and dry all day one of the best investments i ever made for this job .

good luck

Keep the posts coming

Karen :thumbup::thumbup:

Who needs gortex? hehe...

Water's water, when I work I burn up so all I'll need is something to stop my legs getting severed and that'll do... No funny jokes about "chaps" please ;)

I'm looking forward to it to be honest, first time I think I've done something positive in years...

I'm not a conformist, I make up my own mind...

Cheers for the support, Paul you have my pm, Karen, sounds like I've made the right choice ;)

Oh and Paul, if Tree work were a "sentence", I'd happily do it for more than ten years ;)

Go for it, yeah it can be hard, slipping and sliding all over the place dragging brash up hill and over dale, but you'll keep warm. Get out there, its the best! Are you thinking of ground work or climbing? Makes a change for someone to come out of an office and appreiciate what we do rather than go in to an office and "forget" what we do:sneaky2: Follow your instincts always:thumbup: