Vanguard efi fuel pump

Ty Korrigan

I collected the chipper Friday morning.

It started without hesitation, deviation or repetation.

Ran it up hot then turned it off, re-started right away.

It sounds like new.

The real test will begin Tuesday so I'm not going giddy until it's been used in anger.

The mechanic wasn't happy, he told me he had got it in the neck over the delay in fixing it.

"Tough" I said. I asked for a pressure test twice but he had ignored me and went by what his code reader said.

Third time he finally did a test and found less pressure which he still thought was fine but he ordered the pump anyway"

The fault also lies in the convoluted way Briggs manage their aftersales and parts distribution network in France.

Imagine, launching a product and not being able to back it up with dealers trained in it.

Imagine, a dealer not being able order parts direct but through a 'regional distributor' who gets around to it sometime then finally orders it from the warehouse in Holland who send the part to the distributor who sits on it for days on end again before sending it to the dealer.

John Deere parts ordered through their network arrive from the states in under 48hrs.

I think I may never buy a Briggs 'efi' engine again.

Not because they are bad engines, far from it but because of Briggs level of aftersales.

Every dealer I called around Rennes replied with a gallic shrug and a "non"

I might have been talking about hydrogen fusion engines their reaction was such.

I'm not going to hide my dissatisfaction over this.

Greenmech may still have my business as they have supported me with technical advice and made calls to Briggs, I thank them all for that.

Briggs France should look at other distribution business models if they want to enhance their brand reputation.

Poor aftersales just make a joke of having warranties.

It would have been far less trouble to buy a pressure test kit, order the parts myself and get a local car mechanic to fix it if I couldn't myself.

Stuart

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, doobin said:

Kohler are just as shit when it comes to after sales service.

I'll take a Loncin over either Kohler or Briggs.

Wouldn't buy a GreenMech after reading some of the posts here either.

Kohler just don't make a good engine imo. When I saw the new avant had it fitted, I was not interested. Kubota all the way

• Like 2