Christmas treat to yourself ?

Catweazle

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could do with a new telly, the valves on the old one having given out. :001_tongue: The wife wants a LCD flatscreen but I cant work out whether to get an HD ready, or spend a bit more on a 1080 full HD ready. Or indeed what the difference is?:confused1:

At the moment, There is no bigger HD signal then 1080 mate, Thus if you get a 1080 TV your getting THE best picture out there, normal HD tvs are 720 and even tho there alot better then normal tvs there not "true" HD, Hope that makes sense!!

well all i have got myself for xmas is alot of pain and suffering not being able to go out in the snow as i only came out of hospital from a right shoulder operation 2 days ago whihc sucks to be honest! on a brighter note thinking of saving the money from the xmas prezzie and going away early in the new year when i can fly,

Merry xmas to all!

At the moment, There is no bigger HD signal then 1080 mate, Thus if you get a 1080 TV your getting THE best picture out there, normal HD tvs are 720 and even tho there alot better then normal tvs there not "true" HD, Hope that makes sense!!

Cheers Mozza., but I'm assuming that ''true'' HD is only available at the mo. on an HD platform. As I don't watch a huge amount of telly, is it worth getting a 1080, or is HD TV for the masses still some way off - bearing in mind we don't have cable or satellite?:confused1:

Cheers Mozza., but I'm assuming that ''true'' HD is only available at the mo. on an HD platform. As I don't watch a huge amount of telly, is it worth getting a 1080, or is HD TV for the masses still some way off - bearing in mind we don't have cable or satellite?:confused1:

"True" HD is only available in 1080p really, If your a purist, Thats why its sold as "1080p full HD ready" and others are just "HD ready", Ive got a HD ready tv, Its awesome, The picture is soooooooooo much clearer than the old one i had, Ive got virgin media tv, So some of the channels are in HD, and its awesome, However a mate of mine has had a 1080p set for a while now and his is unreal, You can really notice the difference, Especially on the HD channels, If i were you and could afford one, Id get 1080p then that way your set for years, Televisions last ALONG time and in the future you may want Satellite tv and im sure in the near future even free view boxes will offer some kind of HD facility :thumbup: IMO get one now and you wont kick yourself in the future :001_cool:

EDIT, Sorry yeah, at the moment, HD is only available on certain channels BUT you'll still get better picture clarity on non HD channels

Edited by Mozza