Does your Facebook business page bring you in work?

Steve Bullman

What percentage of enquiries from your Facebook page materialise into work?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Please select one choice

• 10%
    • 20%
    • 30%
    • 40%
    • 50%
    • 60%
    • 70%
    • 80%
    • 90%
    • 100%
    • 0%

3 hours ago, Retired Climber said:

If you are posting on Facebook to get work you fundamentally misunderstand how to use social media to promote a business. 

Also, as Steve mentioned in an earlier post, get them to your site to read more; never send them to Facebook (or anywhere else). 

Why? It is simply a record of our previous work.

I don't blog, I'm neither confident enough to commit myself to blogging nor sufficiently wordy nor needy enough for the work a blog might generate to write a blog in the first place.

I had one web master who said people don't linger on pages long enough to read shit and another told me to write several 1000 word essays on my work. 

I simply refer clients to FB saying "look at June 2020, we did a similar job to yours or August 2019 3 birches pruned, this is what I can deliver"

Stuart

Edited by Ty Korrigan
Editing my spelling
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

I don't blog, I'm neither confident enough to commit myself to blogging nor sufficiently wordy nor needy enough for the work a blog might generate to write a blog in the first place.

I had one web master who said people don't linger on pages long enough to read shit and another told me to write several 1000 word essays on my work. 

I simply refer clients to FB saying "look at June 2020, we did a similar job to yours or August 2019 3 birches pruned, this is what I can deliver"

Stuart

I wasn't directing my post specifically at you. Yours is a sensible use of the platform. I was referring really to people who think they need to 'post' on a regular basis as a way of attracting clients. 

• Like 1

My tuppence.....

Face book business pages not worth a shite. Face book full.of 10 quote warriors. 

I have one as a visual diary for works.... Not updated it in a long while though. Once every year if I can be arsed....

I repeat face book is shite

Edited by swinny

1 hour ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Stuart

Both your ‘webmasters’ were right. You do want to be writing 1000 word articles for best effect, 2000 even better! But yes most people won’t read it all, but that’s not the point! 

10 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Both your ‘webmasters’ were right. You do want to be writing 1000 word articles for best effect, 2000 even better! But yes most people won’t read it all, but that’s not the point! 

I call the 'Web masters' because it is all a dark art to me.

Stuart

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

I call the 'Web masters' because it is all a dark art to me.

Stuart

It doesn't need to be a dark art. SEO is little more than getting a few basics right and then writing for your audience and giving them answers to questions they have. Writing massive long articles nobody is going to read is a mistake; the search engines see thorough such nonsense these days. Offpage SEO is also fairly irrelevant to tree work businesses. Do a reasonable job of the on page basics and you can't go too far wrong.

4 hours ago, Retired Climber said:

It doesn't need to be a dark art. SEO is little more than getting a few basics right and then writing for your audience and giving them answers to questions they have. Writing massive long articles nobody is going to read is a mistake; the search engines see thorough such nonsense these days. Offpage SEO is also fairly irrelevant to tree work businesses. Do a reasonable job of the on page basics and you can't go too far wrong.

www.franglaiselagage.com

Any good?   

Stuart