Cannon Chainsaw Bars return in strength to the UK

Rob D

19 hours ago, Rob D said:

I don't know you tell me ;) I suppose it is what it is - some people will think the price worthwhile and pay it, others will see the price as too high and won't. It's a Stihl vs Husky debate with no real answer.

I always think that if there was one overall leader that was the best [combined with price point] we would only sell that one.

The option is there if you want it.

Are the 25” Stihl compatible bars the black ones or the light(?) ones as in the picture above? 

23 hours ago, josharb87 said:

Are the 25” Stihl compatible bars the black ones or the light(?) ones as in the picture above? 

They are the black none light type for now. The light type option from Cannon is still very new - we only have them in the small bars for this order.

I've just worn out my first 20" Cannon bar that was running on an MS460. I only realised it was worn out after the chain adjuster was at max and no longer functional (cross threaded) - that's a first in the 10 year life of the saw. Would be good to see a side by side comparison of the adjusting holes between new Cannon and Stihl bars to see what their respective start positions are with new chain.

Also running a 28" Cannon on MS661 (Oregon 75JGX Chain) and a 36" Cannon on Husqvarna 395XP (Carlton AE3P-SK chain - full skip semi-chisel)

• Like 1

The 56" GB from you is pretty dam flat on a 60" panther mill.
Going to get the 84" GB bar and 80" panther mill set up next week.
Be interesting to see how that works out.
Got some seriously huge trunks coming soon.
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

You better tie that cord tight, ya dont want them coming off in the pool! [emoji38]
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 26/06/2019 at 06:09, arborlicious said:

I've just worn out my first 20" Cannon bar that was running on an MS460. I only realised it was worn out after the chain adjuster was at max and no longer functional (cross threaded) - that's a first in the 10 year life of the saw. Would be good to see a side by side comparison of the adjusting holes between new Cannon and Stihl bars to see what their respective start positions are with new chain.

Also running a 28" Cannon on MS661 (Oregon 75JGX Chain) and a 36" Cannon on Husqvarna 395XP (Carlton AE3P-SK chain - full skip semi-chisel)

If the chain adjuster is maxed out that is the chain has stretched and not an indication the bar has worn out necessarily unless I have read the post wrong.

29 minutes ago, Rob D said:

If the chain adjuster is maxed out that is the chain has stretched and not an indication the bar has worn out necessarily unless I have read the post wrong.

Good point. I'll see where the adjuster ends up if I put on a new chain. Have never had this issue with Stihl chainsaw bar (20") so I just figured the adjustment holes on the Cannon bars must be a few mm closer to the tip.