Cannon Chainsaw Bars return in strength to the UK

Rob D

We are now officially the main distributer for Cannon Bars in the UK. We placed our first smallish order 1st May 2019. Lead time is 4 months. Shipping time is 1 month.

Our distribution company Always Greener Ltd now have the 'Big Four' independant bar manufacturers - Cannon, GB, Sugihara and Tsumura. There are other smaller companies but these four are 40 years+ each in the business and that sort of bar making knowledge is not gained quickly..

So we'll be seeing these 1st October 2019 [or thereabouts - times are always approx].

Part of this order will have the absolutely brand spanking new light Cannon bars which are made in a totally different way to the other manufacturers. We only have these in the smaller bars this time round...

We'll be doing a pre order offer starting next month which will include:

Buy any Cannon bar 16th June 2019 - 16th July get x3 chains of your choice free

Buy any Cannon bar 16th July 2019 - 16th August get x2 chains of your choice free

Buy any Cannon bar 16th August 2019 - 16th September get x1 chain of your choice free

Also - our order dates for Cannon are 1st May, 2019, 1st August 2019, 1st November 2019, 1st Febuary 2020, 1st May 2020 etc in effect every 3 months.

If you have a request for a Cannon bar you can pre order for a 25% disc off RRP - you would pay for it before the next order date - again bear in mind delivery would be 5 months after the order dates above. E mail me for that on [email protected]

We can do this with Cannon as the MOQ per bar is not set ie. unlike other manufacturers where we have to order at least x30 per bar length/type with Cannon we can do single bars at a time...

We already have the Cannon carving bar range - prices are a little cheaper in the short term for these and can be found here on www.chainsawbars.co.uk or in the Carving Arena selector.

image.thumb.png.0a0a4e50c9a6e6c3e6f50fbc2f2718cf.png

Cannon Light 1.PNG

Cannon Light 2.PNG

Capture.PNG

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

How do the canon bars compare to the GB bars?
60"+ what's the flex like?
emoji106.png

It's a hard one to say - a bit like what's best Stihl or Husky. Some like GB and some like Cannon and those that like their chosen bar will defend it...

My pennysworth - all 60"+ bars will flex a fair bit and I would see little difference between a Cannon or GB.

It's a hard one to say - a bit like what's best Stihl or Husky. Some like GB and some like Cannon and those that like their chosen bar will defend it...

My pennysworth - all 60"+ bars will flex a fair bit and I would see little difference between a Cannon or GB.

The 56" GB from you is pretty dam flat on a 60" panther mill.
Going to get the 84" GB bar and 80" panther mill set up next week.
Be interesting to see how that works out.
Got some seriously huge trunks coming soon.
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

22 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Have you bought out the UK dealer? Cannonbars.co.uk still links to our local dealer. 

Nope I think Doug and Ed Robinsoin will still be selling the bars but we will be looking to expand on the range you can currently get in the UK.

• Like 1

On 18/06/2019 at 15:50, josharb87 said:

Hi Rob!

The Cannon light bar, 14" for a 201T, £73+vat.......Gulp!

Is that right? 

Edit: Just looked through the rest of the bars, what makes them worthy or the premium price over say the Sugihara ones?

I don't know you tell me ;) I suppose it is what it is - some people will think the price worthwhile and pay it, others will see the price as too high and won't. It's a Stihl vs Husky debate with no real answer.

I always think that if there was one overall leader that was the best [combined with price point] we would only sell that one.

The option is there if you want it.

• Like 2