Cold hand solutions, anyone?

janey

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deep heat gel or cream like Steve says is a good idea, i have problems with my hands too somedays for me its the first hour in which it reaches a peak and can be painfull after that i'm ok for the rest of the day.

Another sugestion is to wear thin gloves so you have the dexterity to write and get some of those reusable gel warmers keep 2 in your pocket when you feel your hands getting very bad activate one and massage it with your hands they only last 20 mins but you can boil them up at night to reactivate them, it works well for my wife who really feels the cold where we are at the moment the average temp is -10

if your underwieght your always going to struggle keeping your core temp up, add poor circulation and you have a problem, I sympathise.

gt yourself some badger balm, waitrose i get mine, some thin photographers gloves for dexterity and just kep the chil off, youll still be able to use the tablet with these.

get yourself any of the pocket hand warmersd on the market and use them when it just gets too bad. My personal tip is to keep your fingers moving inbetween whatever else you do, its a hard habit to get into but it definatley is a big help with the blood flow.

I get similar problems on cold days. My hands can even be cold on a summers morning. I've made a few lifestyle changes

I've cut out caffine completely - don't miss it apart from when hungover

I have a cold shower rinse first thing on a morning (brings the blood to the skin and kickstarts circulation in my opinion)

I keep trying new gloves - got some nice blaklader swedish workwear ones at the min

I could do with putting a few pounds on myself but this is easier said than done with the way my body burns fuel

I have really cold hands, so I've taken to wearing some 'light duty' fingerless gloves from B+Q.

Somene gave me a pair to try and they are great.

The fingers go almost to the first knuckle which is fairly long, but you can write and manipulate things well in them.

Its not a store I go into very often, but have been in and got a few pairs.

They are good to climb in, and I hate climbing in gloves!

Despite the light duty rating, they seem to last fairly well and dry quick. :thumbup1: