Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
benedmonds

TPO Application time......

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

Easy done, going to the wrong park entirely.

......is that a historic admission Mr Prentice... ? ;) k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jon Heuch said:

As Gary has indicated, phone the council let them know of the date the council received it;..... It was useful to remind councils of the correct procedure.

I spoke with the TO and their opinion was that "they hope to get it done in 8 weeks."

I thought it was a statutory duty to do within 8 weeks and when I mentioned this the reply was "you can appeal for non-determination" and then he hung up on me.... 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We scan and send to the client for them to put up, if they dont, it's at their risk of it been checked and can cause delays.

Non-determination if not decided in time (TPO), The LPA don't like this against their 'performance '...................stats.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sbyorkshire said:

We scan and send to the client for them to put up, if they dont, it's at their risk of it been checked and can cause delays.

Non-determination if not decided in time (TPO), The LPA don't like this against their 'performance '...................stats.

 

Why would not putting up notices there's no duty to put up cause delays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sbyorkshire said:

 

Non-determination if not decided in time (TPO), The LPA don't like this against their 'performance '...................stats.

 

Even if the council take another 10 weeks to determine the application, it would still be quicker than going for non-determination.  The pins aim to turn around appeals within 27 weeks (once validated), and I would emphasise the word aim.  In reality they often take longer.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 + 27 = 35 weeks. 8 months. Quite frankly ridiculous.

Is there any reason why a Council can't determine an application after appeal and have the appeal withdrawn (assuming it's an approval)?

Last time I threatened a non-determination appeal the TO went out to it the next day and approved it the day after that.

Appeals in Scotland rarely take more than 3 months, usually only 2. I've never seen an appeal against non-determination. TPOs seems to be rarer up here though.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, daltontrees said:

8 + 27 = 35 weeks. 8 months. Quite frankly ridiculous.

That would be a good turnaround for a regular appeal in my experience.

I have had some go on for over 12 months...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/05/2019 at 13:55, daltontrees said:

8 + 27 = 35 weeks. 8 months. Quite frankly ridiculous.

Is there any reason why a Council can't determine an application after appeal and have the appeal withdrawn (assuming it's an approval)?

Last time I threatened a non-determination appeal the TO went out to it the next day and approved it the day after that.

Appeals in Scotland rarely take more than 3 months, usually only 2. I've never seen an appeal against non-determination. TPOs seems to be rarer up here though.

 

I'm pretty certain that, in England, a LA can determine after an appeal for non-determination is started and once they have, the appeal stops. Then there is the usual option to appeal the decision or conditions as a new, separate, appeal.

On 23/05/2019 at 17:13, benedmonds said:

That would be a good turnaround for a regular appeal in my experience.

I have had some go on for over 12 months...

I haven't submitted to PINs for a couple of years but they've never been that long.

Edited by Gary Prentice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/05/2019 at 12:52, Chris at eden said:

Even if the council take another 10 weeks to determine the application, it would still be quicker than going for non-determination.  The pins aim to turn around appeals within 27 weeks (once validated), and I would emphasise the word aim.  In reality they often take longer.     

Exactly. As I'm sure that the LA can determine after a ND appeal is initiated, there's no encouragement for the LA to be efficient. The appeal process just allows them a lot longer to determine. The only downside I can see, for the LA, is that it spoils their statistics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Gary. The abuse of the appeal process to buy extra time is only good if it ends up as an approval, otherwise the Council has a deemed refusal to defend and and actual refusal with reasons. Even an approval could be appealed is the conditions are considered unacceptable.

 

These several years of austerty and cutbacks and disappearance of TOs has left Councils shameless about not delivering even statutory service turnarounds.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.