Are some people just thick or what?

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same applies there, how many domestic customers have you come across, that put in for pruning their tree to find the next thing they know a tpo is slapped on it.

I bet quite a few.

i aways phone up to see if theres a tpo before i see the customers

Same applies there, how many domestic customers have you come across, that put in for pruning their tree to find the next thing they know a tpo is slapped on it.

I bet quite a few.

Put in where?if there not TPO?

Not clear sorry.

They ring or write to ask the LPA if there are any TPOs on their trees.

There isn't

A few days later there is.

Catch 22 though isn't it?

Chap calls up, "I've got a veteran oak tree in my garden and I want to top it... Are there any constraints on my property?"

There isn't.

But after explaining the past thirty years of arb research he says "yeah... but its too tall, and there's no constraints so i'll top it anyway. Thanks. Bye..."

What are the options?

a)TPO the tree = maybe agree some sort of reduction?

b) Do nothing = topped oak

Results of either course of action?

a) LPA accused of inappropriate tpo 5 years later when chap has moved.

b) LPA accused of not protecting tree.

Its all chess mate. Just moves in a game.

Totally agree Tony.

What should happen is ALL trees over a certain size should be protected.

Where a request for pruning is put in, an immediate decision be made if the work is to be carried out by a suitably qualified person.

Provided the work is of course within certain specifications.

Where felling is wanted, then a slightly longer decision period to consider options.

Totally agree Tony.

What should happen is ALL trees over a certain size should be protected.

Where a request for pruning is put in, an immediate decision be made if the work is to be carried out by a suitably qualified person.

Provided the work is of course within certain specifications.

Where felling is wanted, then a slightly longer decision period to consider options.

No,no,no,please there are to many laws and legislation as it is,why not just contact your LPA every time you see a nice tree and ask them to put on a TPO.That way only decent trees would be covered.

If they did as you say we would spend all our time doing paper work and felling tree that are just under the size that gets protected.

No one would plant trees in there garden incase when they came to sell and the buyer did'nt what them.

The pickeys would love it as they don't bother about TPOs any way.

:ridinghorse:

Lots of good points in this thread. Good to get Tony's input, straight from the horses mouth.

I have to say though, I think its impolite to accuse someone of butchering trees just because they do it for money. I do treework for money, as do ALL of us. we dont do it for free do we?

Lots of good points in this thread. Good to get Tony's input, straight from the horses mouth.

I have to say though, I think its impolite to accuse someone of butchering trees just because they do it for money. I do treework for money, as do ALL of us. we dont do it for free do we?

agree with mr ed