Are some people just thick or what?

Dean Lofthouse

A TPO is a charge on the land. If you do your pre-purchase homework. It is registered as a landcharge.

If you owned a house with a TPO tree / trees in the garden. The law (and I would suggest common sense) requires that you know what the **** that involves.

Ignorance is no defence in the eyes of the law.

Your clients may well ask your for advice but they could do just as well conatcting the LPA who served the TPO.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A TPO is a charge on the land. If you do your pre-purchase homework. It is registered as a landcharge.

If you owned a house with a TPO tree / trees in the garden. The law (and I would suggest common sense) requires that you know what the **** that involves.

Ignorance is no defence in the eyes of the law

Your clients may well ask your for advice but they could do just as well conatcting the LPA who served the TPO.

most customers never heard of a tpo. when someone phone you for adivce on a tree with a tpo are they ignorant becauce they never done there home work when they brought there properety.

dont they pay you for advice in the first place

Thats what a home information booklet should cover.

People know what trees are, they have been around for thousands of years.

If you don't know that a tree blocks light in summer and drops leaves in autumn then you must have been in a coma.

People look at a house, they love the house but hate the trees, they buy the house anyway thinking all they have to do is cut the trees down. They then find out what tpo means.

If we didn't have tpos we wouldn't have so many domestic trees.

Dodger, if you are thinking more about money than trees you are in the wrong job mate.

I invest in good advertising, I spend a lot of money every year on it. That way I have plenty of phone calls for proper legal tree work, I can afford to walk away, and pick and choose my jobs.

If you are that desperate for work you need to do as the customer wants Ie butcher trees just to feed the kids. You need to

a. Spend more on advertising.

b. stop doing butchering, then maybe you will get recommendations or neighbours seeing your good work and asking you to do theirs.

People know what trees are, they have been around for thousands of years.

If you don't know that a tree blocks light in summer and drops leaves in autumn then you must have been in a coma.

People look at a house, they love the house but hate the trees, they buy the house anyway thinking all they have to do is cut the trees down. They then find out what tpo means.

If we didn't have tpos we wouldn't have so many domestic trees.

Dodger, if you are thinking more about money than trees you are in the wrong job mate.

if you walk away from jobs bigger fool you ,the next tree surgeon grab it

I invest in good advertising, I spend a lot of money every year on it. That way I have plenty of phone calls for proper legal tree work, I can afford to walk away, and pick and choose my jobs.

If you are that desperate for work you need to do as the customer wants Ie butcher trees just to feed the kids. You need to

a. Spend more on advertising.

b. stop doing butchering, then maybe you will get recommendations or neighbours seeing your good work and asking you to do theirs.

to lot of people it not clear enough.

im not desperate for work i run 1.5 million contract in the last 15 years

how do you know i butcher tree you never seen my work ?

dont need to make money to feed my kid i can live of my interest if needs be

Not sure this is true,i have lost count of the number of trees i have felled because,"they might put on a TPO and then we are stuck with them".

That blame lies with the LPA for being underhand.

They have set off a new trend in the construction trade.

Someone say, puts in planning for 5 houses on a newly aquired peice of land, LPA refuse and stick TPOs on all the trees.

Application goes in again this time it gets passed but with a load amendments.

Next time developer aquires land, he has learnt a valuable lesson, take down all trees before the application, he passes this information on to his associates, it then becomes the norm in the construction industry very quickly.

LPA underhandednous (if there is such a word) has resulted in thousands upon thousands of trees being lost.

how do you know i butcher tree you never seen my work ?

Because you asked this

have any of you ever refuse to do a tree becauce this is your living.what come first money or do you walk away from a job. in a ideal world all treess should be untouch.???

It suggests you do work for the money